Chapter 14

~KAYLA'S POV~

"K-k-Kayla?" Louis stuttered.

"KAYLA!" Maddy, Jenny, and Ashley came over and we bunched into a group hug. And soon enough, everyone but Louis was hugging me.

"Uh how did you guys find me?" I asked ignoring Louis's eyes boring into my back.

"Uh where else would you be?" Maddy asked. I shrugged because I honestly wouldn't know. "Okay now come back with us."

"Uh," I didn't even notice Cory standing by the door beside me.

"Guys. This is Cory."

"Is that your new boyfriend?" Louis scoffed before turning to Cory, "Oh don't date that prostitute. She isn't worth your time. Try Kendall Jenner. You'd look better with her than this slut." Louis didn't even bother to look at me.

"He's my stepbrother." I hissed before running into the bathroom and locking myself in it. It's all my fault. It's all my fault. I kept repeating it over and over again in my head. It's all my fault. My fault. My fault. Why did I have to? Why couldn't I get a job at McDonald's? Why did I have to sneak a guy into Louis's flat through the window when he wasn't there? I'm such a bitch. It's all my fault. My mind was spinning. It's all my fault. My fault. My fault.

Then, I heard footsteps coming this way. My heartbeat quickened as the sound became louder. And I swear I died a little when I heard a knock.

"Kayla, it's me." I heard the familiar sound of Ashley's voice. Relief flooded over me.

"Come in," I muttered.

"Listen." Ashley stepped into the bathroom and locked the door, "Louis is truly sorry. You know that right?" I shook my head.

"That's funny," I laughed, "He shouldn't be sorry. I should be. Yet, I'm not. It's my fault."

"Can I ask why you um did it?" Ashley looked down at her converse.

"This may sound stupid," I sighed, "But he did so much for me and I wanted to repay him and that guy. That guy. Maddy might know him. He said he went to London High. Well, um he said he would pay me if I you know."

"But why do you want money?" Ashley asked. "I mean you're boyfriend."

"Ex."

"I mean your ex boyfriend is like part of the biggest boyband in the world." Ashley said.

"But I need to repay him someday right?" I asked.

"Wait," Ashley started, "So let me get this straight. The only reason you did that thing with that guy was because you wanted to repay him?" I nodded. "Kayla! You're too sweet. You don't need to repay him. He loves you enough to sacrifice his life for you!"

"No. He hates me." I said blankly.

"He loves you. You know what happened after you said he was your brother?" I shook my head. "He ran. He ran away. And you know what he said before that? He said sorry. He was truly sorry for everything."

"Where is he?" I twisted a piece of my hair.

"I don't know. He just ran. He won't be able to go that far. I know that for sure." Okay, so it's my fault. If only I said sorry. That's the problem. I'm not a person to say sorry.

"Oh." That was all I could manage to say. "Um you want to go out now? I bet they're worried." Ashley nodded before opening the door.

"That bastard." Cory muttered. "I hope he never see him again." That was funny because just yesterday, Louis had said he wanted to meet my stepbrother. But then, he mistakened him for my boyfriend.

"Kayla!" Maddy pulled me into a hug. "All you alright?"

"Are you going to ask her if she knows the guy?" Ashley winked.

"What guy? Tell me Kayla!" Maddy whined.

"Uh, did you know a guy named Marc Kolt in high school?" I asked. Maddy's eyes turned to slits. She put her hands on her hips.

"Yeah. Was he the one you cheated on with Louis?" I nodded, "That dick. I dated him in high school. He was the guy everyone wanted to date and we were voted the cutest couple. But after he banged me, he broke up with me and went on to Violet." Violet? Maybe that's why she hated Maddy so much. "I am so going to kill him."

"Um hello? Guys don't need to learn about girl drama." Zayn laughed. "What we need to do is fin Louis."

"Oh!" Maddy returned to her usual happy self, "He said sorry after you ran to the bathroom." I nodded. Where could he be? Where could he be?

"Mum?" I didn't notice that Rose had walked all the way towards the door.

"Cory? Can you take care of Rose for a little bit?" Cory nodded and picked up Rose. She didn't really care. After all, she had Louis's personality.

"Okay where could Louis be?" Liam asked.

"Hmm I don't know. Back in his flat? It's like a ten minute walk guys." Zayn rolled his eyes. "Duh." Wow, we were so stupid. Zayn might actually be right.

"Are you kidding? Are we really that stupid?" Niall spoke my thoughts.

"Let's just go." Harry interrupted running his hands through his hair. "This really scares me. Louis has never really acted like this before."

~LOUIS'S POV~

"He's my stepbrother," Kayla hissed before running off.

"Bastard." The blonde I'm guessing was his stepbrother growled. For once, I was truly, sincerely sorry.

"I'm sorry." I said before running out the door. I ran. I ran until I couldn't run anymore. I looked around to check my surroundings, and I immediately recognized where I was. It wasn't part of town. It was off to the side. It's a little hill just a few blocks away from town. I used to come here all the time before I became famous. I remember taking Kayla here once. She didn't understand why I was absolutely in love with this grassy hill. No, there wasn't a view, but it just struck me in some way I can't explain. I'm surprised the media hasn't found out about this place yet. This was one of my favorite places in the world.

Actually, this is my favorite place in the whole world.

_________________________________

A/N: Not a good chapter I'm sorry. I've been going thought some things lately and I don't have time to update like everyday. But while I'm here, I would like to tell you that I'm going through guy problems. I could even write a fanfiction about it! Hahaha no. No one would read that. Would they?

So we were pretty good friends and now, he hates me. I told him a few things that I regret but he wouldn't even talk to me today and I was going to cry :( so sad. I don't know what to do.

I'm dedicating this chapter to @mangobearxx because she helped me through it all ily bby

XOXO,
Ashley Diana Payne