Chapter 2

Owen looked at me with wide eyes before he smiled, "Well, Mae, welcome to the Raptor Squad. I'm Owen Grady." I only nodded. Owen nodded back and looked to the guy that fell down the paddock, "You're the new guy right?" The new guy nodded, "Yeah." "You ever wonder there was a job opening?" The new guy's eyes widen. "Hey, don't ever turn your back to the cage." Owen said before looking back to me. Owen pointed to the guy next to him, "This is Barry, he helps with the raptors as well." I nodded and shook hands with Barry. I looked over to see another guy, and already did I hate this guy. My instincts told me he was trouble, "Who's this guy?" Owen looked over and rolled his eyes, "This is Hoskins, he's head of the security here, and works for InGen." InGen, I remember, they tried to mess up with the dinosaurs as Great John had told me before. Hoskins seemed to observe me before walking away, in which I scoffed and turned to Owen, "Already do I hate this guy."  Owen chuckled a bit, "I know, he wants to use the raptors in a war could you believe it?" "They're not soldiers, they're animals." I said. Owen nodded, Barry still had his eyes wide, "If I may ask, what was that? In the paddock?" I sighed, "I have raptor DNA in me." Owen and Barry looked at me with wide eyes. I shook my head, "I don't need to explain why, do I?" "Not unless you want to." Both said, I nodded and looked to Owen, "I've been told to, I don't know, hang out with you. So you're stuck with me." "Okay, we can head to my bungalow, if you'd like." Owen said. I shrugged, "Works for me." I followed Owen over to probably his motorcycle. He sat on it and looked to me, "Hop on." I sat behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Owen turned the motor on and we sped off to his bungalow. His bungalow was close to the ocean. Owen parked the motorcycle and we climbed off. I looked a this bungalow and observed it, "So this is where you live?" "Yeah, it's better than all that white and yellow fancy crap at the hotels." Owen said. I chuckled lightly, "Looks like I ain't the only one." Owen blinked before he smiled, "You hate it too?" "Please I have to live in one of the rooms, I'm used to the outside way with Great John." "I'm sorry Great John?" "My great grandfather." "Oh, why do you call him that?" "It's a nickname I called him at a young age." "Oh okay." Owen said. I gave a smile, usually I don't, but Owen here seems to understand me well. Owen walked over to his bungalow, "You want anything to drink?" "Soda if you have any." "I got Coke, you want a bottle?" "Sure." I said. Owen nodded and walked is inside, not long after coming out with two bottles. Owen tossed one to me and I caught it. I opened it. We both sat down on a chair. "So what made you work here?" Owen asked. I shrugged, "It was my dream to work here, to carry out what Great John couldn't." "Speaking of Great John, how is he, last time I even heard from him was when a T-Rex and a baby Rex was returning back to this island." Owen said. I looked at the bottle, "Great John died." "Oh, sorry." "No no, it's actually nothing, I'm just glad he died of old age and not anything else, but when I was little, he told me I would work with a whole world of Jurassic creatures." I said. I then smile with a chuckle, "He even told me, that even though the park will have problems, and maybe they'll never create another one in the future, I'd be the one thing to be prehistoric, something that will carry on the instincts of which was billions of years ago, he was, really the only comfort I had in my life." Owen nodded and had been listening closely, "So, what about your parents?" I gave a slight glare, "They weren't much help when I was young, something about, not able to keep an animal in their house, but Great John thought I was just a normal girl." "I know you've probably been asked this question way too many times, but, how did you get raptor instincts, and you don't have to go through a whole back story, just get to the point." Owen said. "Oh, then that's easy, Great John wanted me to be able to take care of myself on this island whenever he brings me here at a young age, so Dr. Wu put any DNA of a dinosaur of my choice in me, I chose a velociraptor, and now here I am." I said. "Cool, but why a raptor?" Owen asked. I smirked, "First velociraptors are cool, second they have many instincts, and three, they're very clever if I say so myself." Owen smirked, "Oh I see, you must of thought having velociraptor DNA would make you smarter." "And it did, now I'm usually on my own, you saw what I did to your raptors." I said. Owen rolled his eyes and shook his head with a smile as I drink my Coke, "Yeah, that was pretty sick, what did they say to you?" "Well, Delta sure had a problem with me not being the alpha, Blue seemed to be very fond of you, she thought I was going to steal you from her or something, and I think Charlie is disappointed that she's not gonna get to eat me." I explained. Owen began to laugh, "That totally sounds like my raptors." I chuckled, I suddenly heard the sound of a vehicle and I looked to see a car driving in and parking. I didn't recognize the woman coming out of the car, but Owen seemed to know, "What do they want now?"