Chapter 9

Claire looked over at the boys and her eyes widened, "It's them! Zach! Gray!" Claire ran over to the boys and examined them like a worried mother would, "My God! Thank God! Thank God! What happened? What is this? Are you okay? Where did you go? Why didn't you come back? I was so worried about you!" Owen and I looked at each other, I learned that Claire could be really caring when she isn't a control freak. The older teen looked over at us, "Who are they?" Claire slowly looked at us before looking back at Zach and Gray, "We work together." I tched and rolled my eyes, "More like you are together." I said with a grin, earning a playful nudge from Owen and he looked at Claire, "Hey." The three looked at us, I motioned my head, "We gotta go." I said. Claire nodded and motioned for Zach and Gray to come with us. We rushed to the West Gate, Owen had the idea we should head to the Paddock with the raptors to check on them, during that time Claire picked up her phone, "Lowery, I'm on my way back to you." We walked until we heard Claire ask, "What do you mean use the raptors?" Owen and I suddenly stopped and looked at each other, "Son of a bitch!" We looked up as helicopters flew over us. "You shouldn't say bitch." Gray said, at least I think he's Gray. I looked at Claire, "Which one's Zach and Gray?" Claire pointed to the older one first, "Zach..." Then she pointed to the younger one, "Gray." So I was right. I nodded and looked at them both and flashed a smile, "Mae, Mae Hammond." Gray looked at me with wide eyes, "Like John Hammond?" He asked. My smile grew, "That's my Great John." Owen looked at us with a serious look, "Get the kids. Get them someplace safe." He said. We slowly looked over at the gate, it looked like someone was trying to get in, or more like, get out. Me backed up slowly before we turned and ran. Just as we ran, the door opened, and more people ran in panic as the flying dinosaurs flew with the crowd. We ran until I saw a vehicle and ran to the driver's seat. "Wait Mae can you drive?!" Owen asked. "It's better to try than nothing right?! Don't ask questions!" I said and put the vehicle in reverse. I drove backwards away from the crowd. It wasn't helping that I had two other people yelling at me how to drive, hey, I've never needed a car. I stopped once we were away as everyone let out a deep breath. "Remind me to take driver's training." I said. "I couldn't agree with you more." Owen said, earning a playful punch from me. "This does not feel safe." Zach said. I huffed, "You think?" I asked sarcastically. Gray looked at us "Can we stay with you guys?" He asked. Claire looked at them, "I am never leaving you as long as you live." She said. They motioned at Owen and I, "No them." They slowly sat down fully, "Yeah definitely them." Claire slowly looked at us, but Owen and I held a grin. I got ready to drive, "Let's kick some Hoskins ass." I said and drove to the paddock. When we arrived, the sky was already dark, and the paddock was full of what I think were InGen soldiers. When I stopped the car, Owen and I exited out of the vehicle. Claire followed behind us. I've never seen Owen so pissed. Hoskins walked over to us with a dumb grin, "The mother hen has finally arrived." Owen immediately punched Hoskins, making me hold back my laugh, he totally deserved that. "Get the hell out of here and stay away from my animals." Owen said firmly. "Hoskins, you wanted this to happen you son of a bitch!" Claire growled. "Jesus!" Hoskins threw his hands up, "How many more people have to die, before this mission starts to make sense to you?" "Not many, just you." I growled. Hoskins looked at me with a glare, "Shouldn't you be home worrying about boys and your hair?" I gave a raptor hiss, making Hoskins step back a little. Barry walked up to us, "Its not a mission, it's a field test." He said. Hoskins looked at us, "This is an iNGen situation now. Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody's gonna get of this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved life." He said. I again tched, "How much have you been drinking do you hear yourself right now?" I asked sarcastically. Owen looked at Barry. Barry looked unsure, "They've never been out of containment. It's crazy." He said. Hoskins turned and signaled everyone, "Let's move it out!" He then looked at us, well basically at Owen, "This is happening! With or without you!" Owen was silent at first, before he deeply sighed, "Fine." Hoskins nodded and walked away. Owen looked at me, "I need you and Claire to stay with the boys." I raised an eyebrow, "What?" Owen shook his head, "I can't let you get hurt." I only chuckled, "Owen, I'm already hurt, I can handle this." "Mae, you may have raptor abilities, but you are still a teen." Owen said. My attitude quickly changed and I slightly glared, "Owen, I am not just some teen, teenagers don't take the job as taking care of dinosaurs." Owen's voice began to raise, "But you are still a teen! You could get killed!" "Owen Grady! I have seen Hell in the eyes before and I can do it again, because teens don't roam around where half of their DNA belongs! WHERE FREAKS LIKE ME BELONG!" I shouted. I turned away from Owen and crossed my arms with anger. Suddenly I hear Owen give a small laugh, making me look at him. Is he seriously laughing?! "See? You do act like a teen, I just proved my point!" Owen said. I just stood there before I literally slap his shoulder, "You jerk!" I said. "Hey, you acted so much like an adult it's so hard to tell whether you were a teen."  Owen said chuckling. Claire couldn't help but laugh as well. I looked at Claire, "Control your man!"