Chapter 27

"I don't mind spending everyday out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile. Ask her if she wants to stay awhile and she will be loved." - She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

Chapter 27

Christy's POV

"I don't understand how this happened. How did they find him? No one else saw Harry kill Alec but me and wasn't it self defense?" I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Christy, I think you need to realize that Andrew is a very powerful man. He owns the police and right now, Harry's chances aren't looking very good." Mikey sat calmly on the motel bed. His elbows rested on his knees as his hands clasped together in front of him. He watched as I impatiently walked back and forth, unable to sit still. I could feel a slight throbbing and tightness on my back around my gunshot wound. I wasn't fully healed and the stress my body was going through could not be good.

"Then how in the hell are we supposed to get him back?" I yelled.

"I don't know but we'll figure it out." he said, staying as calm as he could.

"I don't understand." I breathed.

"What?"

"How much I don't know Andrew. we were together for years and I never thought he was capable of doing this." I pulled the curtain back from the window. With the glass blocking any noise outside, the night looked calming. A lot more calming then life right now.

"He abused you. How can you think he wasn't capable of this?"

"Because he wasn't always like this. When we met, he was different. He was caring and kind and that's what made me love him." I quietly answered.

"Seriously? A whole assignment on this crap?" Julie said, waving the newly assigned paper in my face.

"Julie, get over it." I laughed, causing a scowl to appear on her face.

"Fine." She huffed. We stopped walking down the busy high school hallways and stopped at my locker. I twisted the combination lock in my hand, turning it to the three different numbers that opened the metal piece of crap.

"Hey, heads up." Julie whispered in my ear then leaned back against the other lockers like nothing happened.

Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind, squeezing me tightly. I gasped as little kisses were feathered along my neck. I was quickly released and I met his cheeky, smiling eyes.

"Andrew!" I slapped him lightly on the arm. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry, babe." He laughed. He pushed me back against the lockers then leaned his head down, kissing me passionately.

"Oh get a room!" Julie interrupted.

The kiss broke and then we both laughed at her. She rolled her eyes. "I'll see you at lunch, Chris." She said as she walked away. I giggled loudly as Andrew laid kisses all over my face. I loved this playful side of him.

"I wish I had lunch with you." Andrew said, inbetween kisses.

"But you don't and you need to get to class so you're not late. It will be your third tardy and I don't need you in detention. I need you with me." I smiled, pecking him on the lips.

"Are you telling me what to do?" Andrew joked, poking at my stomach. I dodged his fingers poorly and I began to hysterically laugh as he tickled me.

"Stop! Andrew, stop! Please!" I said between laughter. He suddenly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. My face sunk into his shirt. I couldn't help myself as I inhaled his cologne; the familiar smell I had grown to love.