Chapter Thirteen

Since I'm terrible at updating; some people are having trouble remembering things that have been happening in the story, so I'm going to do a brief run down of things you should remember. If you don't need this, please skip and continue to the story(:

>>>So far in the story: Lacey is an ex thief who's dragged back into the world of stealing because her friend Cameron asked her to join a heist to steal Aphrodite's Diamond because his mom is being held ransom by an anonymous person she used to work for who goes by the name Steve Mattern (but it's a cover name).

The crew consists of Lacey, Cameron, Adam, Devon, CeCe, and Colton. The crew soon realizes that Aphrodite isn't the easiest diamond to steal when they keep into frauds.

On their first heist; they go to this rich lady's house- Suzanne Mondae. Lacey gets to break through the house by going into Mondae's nephew's window. The lady's nephew wasn't supposed to be residing in the room- but he was. His name is Weston, and he says some things to Lacey.

Being flustered and rusty, Lacey ends up telling him that she plans to steal Aphrodite. To her surprise, Weston says he wants in. Weston helps them pull the fire alarm and everybody in the house evacuates, giving the crew time to get the diamond and figure out it was a fraud. Somebody comes back in the house and the crew flees; leaving Weston behind. CeCe bashes down on Lacey in the car ride home, saying that what she did was rash and stupid, and they had no way of knowing whether or not Weston could actually be trusted. Lacey get's pissed and goes back to Suzanne Mondae's house to tell Weston he should join the crew.

Lacey takes Weston to Cameron's house and Adam accepts him, even though Cameron kept protesting. Lacey and Cameron talk and Cameron says he hates this life- he doesn't want to be a thief anymore, and this is the last heist he's participating in.

Later, Cameron gets a text with his mom looking terrible and and the text said she's going to slowly starve if they don't hurry. The text is signed with 'S.M.' Lacey asks who Steve Mattern is and Cameron gets frustrated- saying that he doesn't know, and that nobody knows because Stave Mattern is a cover name. His mom never actually talked to him; just his secretary, who was 'Sue M.' Cameron assumes she's Steve Mattern's wife and they end the conversation with Lacey thinking that the 'Sue M.' sounds very familiar.

On the next heist, they go to a little museum and something goes unplanned- Somebody gives Lacey a bumpass note telling her to switch jobs and it was signed with a 'W'. Lacey assumes it means Weston and she calls for Adam- but then her comms unit goes dead. She calls Cameron to tell him something is wrong, and soon and intercom comes on- telling everyone to get out. The voice is Weston's.

While all the civilians are rushing to the door, Lacey, Adam, and CeCe try to recover the diamond anyways. Devon and Cameron come a little bit later and they go with Lacey to look for Weston in the manager's office. They find Colton in there, eating candy (that he claims Weston gave him), instead; and Lacey notices his sort-of nervous behavior. He drops the candy wrapper as they talk and Devon picks it up and puts it in her pocket. They make their way home, and it turns out the diamond was just another fraud anyways.

Coming into the house, Lacey sees Adam and CeCe exaughsted and sleeping on the couch. She throws a blanket over them and go to the dining room to talk to the others. As soon as she comes in though, Cameron leaves saying that he's going to look for Weston. Now it's just Colton and Devon. Not wanting to disturb a moment, Lacey backs behind the door. Colton says he promises that he'll keep Devon safe and Devon asks if he'll keep the rest of the crew safe, too. He dodges the question by saying that promises are hard to keep. They kiss and Lacey is surprised that she didn't know about them being a 'thing'.