Chapter Three

Have you ever been in a situation where it's so awkard you want to just throw yourself off a cliff? Welp. This is one of those situations.

I've been sitting with Colton in a moving vechile for the past twenty minutes in complete silence. My great grandma's funeral was louder than this. He seemed to be very concentrated on driving, and I was pretending to be on my phone, opening random apps, then exiting out.

God, I just want to dig my own grave right now. Is it possible to die from an overdose of awkwardness? I sighed, deciding that it was time to break the ice. I mean, aren't I doing a mission with him? I can't avoid speaking to him forever.

I cleared my throat. "So...You're Colton,right?"

He looked at me, startled.

Why yes, indeed. I do speak.

"Um, yeah, Colton Sanders...You're Lacey...?"

"Hayes," I answered. "So um, you're new?"

"Yeah, if you consider five months 'new'."

"How'd you get in?"

"Adam caught me stealing an Airhead, and said I probably would've gotten away with it too. He said I was good, but he could train me to do better, and offered me a 'job' with the crew."

"Oh...But why Airheads?" I cracked a fake smile, but I was confused. He got in with us by stealing a three inch long piece of sugar? Well their standards have dropped. Cameron and I stole a total of 13.22 pounds of chocolate that first time.

He blushed.

"Aha..um, I have an addiction to blue airheads, but left my money at home, so I decided to be a badass and just steal one...And now I'm here. So I guessed it payed off."

I smiled at the thought of Colton being "badass". He seemed too sweet and innocent to pull that off.

"Good to know. Um, Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you know where I live?"

This has been bothering me since we started driving and he never asked where I lived, yet he made sure turns as we sat in silence.

"Oh, Cameron put your address in the GPS."

Geez, stalker much?

"Cool..."

Then we were back in silence. But this time, it wasn't so awkward, it was comfortable enough. I guess Colton wasn't that bad after all.

I got out of the car and told Colton I'd be back in a few.

I used the spare key from under the mat and slipped in the door. Yes, the spare key is located under our mat. Very original hiding spot, I know. My dad didn't care, obviously, and I feel bad for the burglar who wanted to get past me. So really, it was a really good 'hiding' spot.

The house was empty. Of course it was. Was there ever a time where the dinner table was full? I tried recalling the last time I saw my dad. Hmm...Two-ish weeks ago? Drunk, mumbling about cats and cake.

I was basically homeless, except that I had a home. So I was Home-ful? Wait, but that would be called "having a home". So.... Geez, I need to stop over thinking things.

I went to my room and filled my suit case with everything I might need. Casual stuff, fancy stuff, hair stuff, make up stuff, piles and piles of stuff that I probably would never use at my stay at the Hastings'.

Hey, I may be a thief, but I am still a girl.

When I was done, I wrote a note to my dad and left it on the kitchen counter.

"Hey Dad, I'm going on a field trip with my school for while. Be back soon!~Lacey"

That should do it. He probably won't even be home to see the note, so it should suffice.

I grabbed my luggage and pocketed a particuar piece of candy form the kitchen, then went back to the car.

"Hey again," Colton said, looking up from his phone.

"Hola. Oh, I got you something," I said,reaching in my pocket.

"And what would that be?"

I pulled out a blue Airhead.

"You're Welcome," I winked.

__________________________________________________

 Do y'all like Colton?? BTW I love blue Airheads! lol. And character list is up! And Lacey is actually brunette,They're not all blonde!(: Vote,Comment,Suggest to random people(:

Shmenks<33