Chapter 1

Maya's POV
I sat on my bed just doodling in my sketchbook. I was waiting for Riley to text me when she was ready. Once she was ready I would head over to her house for the party.

I was pretty nervous. Lucas and I tried to work out our feelings for each other. Tried. We've decided that we were better off as best friends. No one knew about this decision yet though.

My phone buzzed pulling me from my thoughts.
Riles: I'm ready! Come on over!
I texted her back saying I was on my way.

The walk to Riley's house wasn't long. Just a couple blocks. I climbed up the fire escape up to Riley's room. I swung my body into her room and sat at the bay window. Riley was already sitting there.

"Peaches," Riley smiled at me.

"Hey Riles. I've got some news for you,"  I smile

She nods her head signaling me to continue.

"Ranger Rick and I have to decided we are better off as best friends."

Riley's face filled with shock.

"So," I continued "he's all yours."

"All mine? Maya I have Charlie."

"Break up with Charlie then. It's obvious you are still like in love with lucas," I shrugged.

"I can't just break up with Charlie. He was there for me when Lucas wasn't. Plus I'm over lucas now."

"Sure sweetie."

Our conversation was cut short when the doorbell rang. We figured it was probably Farkle and Smackle or Zay and Lucas. So we got up and walked to the kitchen.

I was shocked to see Josh standing there hugging Cory.

I leaned over to Riley, "What is uncle Boing doing here??" I whisper yelled at her.

"I guess my dad invited him," she shrugged.

"Maya I'm surprised, you're not jumping on top of him, or going all weak in the knees," Topanga smiled at me.

"Mrs. Matthews I've grown up. I'm not so childish anymore, and nothing or nobody can change that," I said and it was almost believable until...

"Hey Maya," Josh said. I turned around and he was a lot closer to me. I gulped.

"Hi Josh. I uh haven't seen you in awhile," I say awkwardly.

"Yeah I know. I've kind of missed you," he scratched the back of his neck

"Oh."

"You were saying?" Topanga smirked at me.

"I'm wrong. There you happy?" I shot back.

She let out a laugh in reply.

The doorbell rang again and voices rang through it. Cory buzzed them up, they were people from our classes.

Charlie strode through the door with the creepy smile on his face, he was looking around. Looking for Riley.

I still stood with Josh in front of me and Riley next to me. I was honestly looking anywhere but Josh.

"Oh look! Charlie's here. I better go say hi," Riley said before bolting away from the awkwardness.

"So," he says grabbing my attention again.

"So," I laugh.

"I heard about you and howdy," oh boy. "You guys are like a thing now right?" I could faintly see jealously in his eyes and the way he clenched his jaw.