Chapter 5

1 year later

Mayas POV

"Hey losers" I said as I opened the Matthews front door.

"Maya breakfast." Topanga said

"No I ate at home," I lie

"It wasn't a question." She smiles

I nod my head and join the Matthews at the breakfast table. Topanga placed a plate of pancakes in front of me.

It's been about a year since New Years. Riley and Lucas are now together officially and it kind of sucks because I feel like I'm third wheeling my two best friends. But Zay and I have grown a lot closer because of this.

As for Josh and I. He told me he liked me and I told him I felt the same. We went on a lot dates we were official but we weren't really official if that makes sense. He never asked me to be his girlfriend officially. Then we got into this big fight because I forgot one of our dates because I was hanging out with Zay. He got mad and said I was spending too much time with Zay and I told him he was one of my best friends. He then yelled "you know what? I'm not in it for the long game anymore!" I ran out after that. I cried for days. Riley was with me everyday. Lucas came almost everyday, he had to miss a few days for family stuff. Zay was by my side everyday as well. Farkle threatened to beat Josh up on to which I replied with "Farkle he'd beat you to a pulp". Smackle tried her best to cheer me up. This was all new to her.

I haven't seen Josh since. He didn't bother calling or texting either. It showed me what I really meant to him.

"Maya do you have a date to the dance?" Auggie asked me

I shrugged "not yet,"

"There are so many boys falling at your feet you just never notice them." Riley tells me

"Mhm sure" I smile

"Hey family!"

I freeze. I haven't heard the voice in months. I didn't know what to do.

"My brotha!" Cory yells

"My brotha!" He replies before they hug.

He hadn't noticed me yet, at least that's what I was hoping.

"Joshie!" Auggie yelled.

Then I felt it. A pair of eyes burning into my back.

"Auggie!" He replied

The buzzer thing buzzed.

"Lucas, Zay, Farkle and Smackle here!" Lucas' voice rang through the house.

"I'll let them up." I mumble.

I stand up and walk past Josh without making eye contact. I buzzed them up and waited by the door.

The door swung open and they all piled in.

"Damn you can practically feel the tension" Zay says awkwardly

"Really?" I roll my eyes. Sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Okay I didn't come here to be attacked with your sarcasm today," Zay glares at me.