12.

DJ 's POV

Reaching over silencing my alarm I lay there for a few moments just thinking. Today is the first day of school and I'm not feeling it. I'm nervous for one because this is my senior year and also a new school for me. I get a text from JT telling me to hurry up so I'm not late the first day. I jump up and do my morning hygiene and go to my closet to find something to wear. I decide on a pair of distressed jeans, a black and red tee and my flu game 12's. Grabbing my phone of my dresser I spray on some cologne and run down stairs. Walking into the kitchen I'm met by my parents sitting there on there tablets doing god knows what. My dad is probably working and my mom, she's probably doing her favorite thing which is online shopping. Opening the fridge to get a juice my mom looks up at me smiling. "Hey baby are you excited about this school year" my mom ask as I sit down at the bar. "Yes ma'am I can't wait to graduate though I think I want to go to UNC next year" I respond back as I take a sip of my juice. Looking down at the time I tell my parents bye and grab my stuff.

Pulling up to the school bumping Keys to the City by DJ Khaled I spot JT standing next to his car. I pull in next to him, hop out and great him and the fellas. I tell them I'll catch up with them later and run into the school to get my schedule for first semester. JT runs behind me telling me to wait up so he can walk with me. Glancing over my schedule him and I have 4th period gym together so we're happy to have one class together. Right now I have AP history so we're walking there. When we make it to the hall where my class is the first warning bell rings and students start scattering into their classes but I'm standing here with JT talking like I have nowhere to be. When the hall clears of people he pulls me close and gives me a quick kiss. I have to push him away to keep from us getting caught because it turned into a make out session fast. JT and I decided to keep our relationship private until the time is right so I don't want anyone seeing us on the first day. Giving him another quick kiss he takes off down the hall and I walk into my class just as the tardy bell starts to ring.

My first two period classes were boring, but now I have Calculus and math is my favorite subject. Walking in I find a seat at the back and I notice Sydney walking in with a group of her friends I assume. She looks up from her phone and sees me in the back and starts smiling. Coming over to the empty seat beside me she says "hey I'm Sydney, your the guy I danced with at the party over the summer right" I smile and say "hi I'm DJ and yeah that was me." She looks me up and down checking me out before saying "you can dance, I've been thinking about you all summer and didn't know if I would ever see you again. I'm glad you're here though." "Yeah you have some moves too. That night was lit, I had a lot of fun" I tell her as she just stares at my lips while I talk. Throughout the class Sydney and I talked about everything. She's a really cool girl and she's fine too.

After class Sydney asked if I had lunch this period and I told her yes. She said she did too so I could walk with her if I wanted too. Accepting her offer I walk with her because I don't know where anything is around here. As we get closer to the caf she take my arm and locks it with hers, looking down at her she blushes. I lick my lips and slightly chuckle at her as we walk through the doors. Immediately all eyes are on us when we enter the caf and Sydney must be use to it because she keeps pulling me with her. Getting some chips and a Snapple I pay for my stuff and Sydney comes up beside me telling me to follow her. Grabbing my hand this time she leads us to a table full of guys and girls. When we get there everybody is staring at me so Sydney introduces me to everyone. After sitting down Sydney takes my arm and locks it with hers again and lays her head on my arm. Hearing the door open to the caf I hear a group of loud niggas so I look up and I see this group of dudes walking in. Not really paying them no mind I turn around and scroll down my IG seeing what the shaderoom has posted today. "DJ let me holler at you real quick" I knew it was TJ and from the base in his voice I can tell he was pissed. Getting up I follow him outside and he gives me the hardest look and I know it's about to be hell out here.