Chapter 1

Since that first day. The first day of school He has loved her. Every night He dreamt of her. No one else but her. Only Marinette Dupain Cheng could do this to his heart.

The summer had passed quickly, with the beginning of a new year, maybe he could actually try to speak to Marinette. But then again, he said the same exact thing last year. "Being realistic, I'm never going to be with her." He said to himself, and he continued walking to school.

When Nathanael arrived at Mrs Bustiers classroom, I sat in the back as per usual. Juleka and rose decided to join him in his "sulking corner" as they called it.

Marinette sat in the second row next to Alya just like last year. And Adrien sat in the same spot as well. He saw Marinette blush intensely at this. Of course.

"Okay class. Seems you all want to sit in your same seats as last year, and I think that we need some adjustments. You won't make any new friends like this! So this year we will have assigned seating."

Shit.

"Alright then. Let's start with the front seats. Alya and Rose, Kim and Max. The second row, Nathanael and Marinette..." Mrs Bustiers list continued but Nathanael stopped listening after he heard their two names combined together. He could not believe his luck. She turned to him and smiled. Shit did he love her smile. It filled him with warmth as he sat beside her in what used to be Alya's spot.

"So, um... It's nice you didn't have to get up and move huh?" Nathanael slapped himself mentally for what he just said. I'm such an idiot.

"Oh yeah! I'm glad I don't have to remember that I have a new spot, I'm pretty forgetful sometimes." After she said that, she looked around. Nathanael's best guess is she was looking for Adrien Agreste. Nathanael scoped out where his competitor sat, which was in Max's old spot on the other side of the room. At least he wasn't in speaking distance of her.

For their first assignment, they had to interview their new partner and write an essay about them, which seemed easy enough for Nathanael, speaking as he knows a lot about her already.

"So do you want to come over to my house after school today?" Marinette said with that beautiful smile of hers.

Nathanael nodded his head, hoping that she didn't catch him blushing. Mari smiled then walked out of the classroom. Was it lunchtime already?