Chapter 12

_Adrien_

Adrien didn't care what Ladybug told him, that he should stay away from Mari. He wanted to listen, but he couldn't stop himself. Maybe if she'd understand my feelings for her... No. That would be wrong. And Nathanael... He would hate Adrien forever.

But if he didn't... Adrien shut up! She's in a relationship for goodness sake! You're better than this! While Adrien was zoned out, battling his urge to walk straight to her desk, he had realized he was already there. Marinette stared up at him, and before he could stop himself, he asked her to step outside with him. Adrien what the hell are you doing.

Well this is awkward. He had just asked Marinette to step outside with him right in front of Nathanael... How much more of an asshole could he become? Damn Mari gets to me.

"Adrien, what's this about-" Marinette was cut off by adriens mouth colliding with her own.

Adrien knew it was wrong but he couldn't stop himself. Her lips were a drug that he simply could not resist. But unfortunately, Marinette felt indifferent about the kiss, and pulled away once she realized what he just did, which took about six seconds for her, and even still she was in shock.

"Marinette I am so sorry I really didn't mean to-"

"I'm with Nathanael, Adrien."

"I know that."

"I'm really sorry Adrien, but I don't like you anymore. I got tired of chasing someone who didn't feel the same way, so I got over you."

"I understand."

"Why now? Why not a year ago when I said to your face that I loved you?"

"I... I don't know..."

Marinette looked at him for a moment, then walked back into the classroom.

Adrien followed.

Shit.

Adrien was feeling a world of hurt. Ladybug and Marinette, the only two girls he had ever lived in the world had broken his heart and wanted another.

Later that day, Adrien flopped onto his bed and screamed into his pillow. All he intended to do was tell her that he liked her, and that he understood he needed to back off.

But Nooo, he just HAD to think with  his other brain and throw himself onto a girl who already had someone.

Great. Now he has to see the other girl who tore his heart to bits in an hour for patrol.