Chapter 23

"How have you been doing?" Marinette asked. Nathanael thought that was a stupid question, but he didn't want to be rude.

"I've seen better days." Was all he had said.

There was a long pause where she just stared at him.

"If you need to say something to me just say it. I'd rather just get this over with." He said in a tome that hurt her feelings, but she really couldn't blame him.

"Look. I just thought you should know the whole story about adrien and me."

"Listen marinette if you just want to talk about the guy you cheated on me with then I'm sorry I really don't want to hear it." He stood up and began walking away but she stopped him before he could fly away.

"No! I just wanted to tell you that... that me quitting his fathers company wasn't the only reason that we broke up." This caught Nathanael's attention. He turned to face her and looked into her deep bluebell eyes for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

"After what happened, I felt like I owed it to myself to be with adrien. I had wanted him for such a long time and he finally wanted me back. He loved me and we had a good time.... but...."

"Yes?"

Marinette took a deep breathe.

"He wasn't you."

Nathanael didn't want to give in. He didn't want to still love her but he couldn't help himself. While this was playing in his head he noticed that marinette began to cry.

"I know what I did was unforgivable and I would never ask you to forget what happened... but there hasn't been a single day that I haven't thought about you. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop loving you."

He did nothing but stare at her. Her eyes were hopeful but he could see the fear in her as well. Nathanael just laughed.

"What?" She looked at him in confusion and hurt, she thought he was making fun of her.

"It's always been you, marinette." He kissed her cheek.

"You and only you."

The end.