Chapter 7

Nathanael transformed so that he could meet up with Ladybug and Chat Noir at the Eiffel Tower for their patrol. All he wanted to do was fangirl over how much he loves Marinette.

As soon as he arrived, the only hero he saw was chat noir. Ladybug was nowhere to be seen. "Is she running late?" Volpin asked to chat, who shrugged in response.

"Hey... Volpin?"

"Yes, chat?"

"From what I've heard, you've got some competition on the Marinette train."

Volpin jumped up and stood closer to Chat. "What? Who? Where do they live? What's their name?"

Chat laughed at him. "Her name is Savannah. An exchange student from America, staying at the Dupain-Chengs for a month. There's also this other guy named Nathanael too an-"

Volpin got extremely nervous at this thought and cut Chat noir off. "Nevermind Nathanael, I'm not worried about him. How did you know this and not me?"

"You know that girl who runs the lady blog? Umm... What's her name again? Alya? Yeah. Well I guess she's Marinette's bff and while she was interviewing me, Mari called her and told her all about it on speaker phone."

"Well did she say anything about her"

Chat noir thought for a while. "Well I think she said Savannah was hot, but that's about it."

"What do mean that's it! I need to go talk to her. Tell Ladybug I'm not coming tonight when she gets here." Volpin flew at his max speed to try to scope the competition out.

As he flew onto Marinette's room, he saw her sitting in her room, probably drawing some new designs.

"Bonjour, mon chéri. So i heard that I might have a little of competition?" Marinette became wide eyes, and her cheeks turned red.

"Oh! You mean Nathanael? Well-he's just a-no...well I don't know what we are. So... I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to tell you." This made Volpin's heart flutter.

"Does this mean you like him?" He said with a smirk.

"What! No! Well... Maybe?" Volpin gave her a look. "Okay yes! I like him okay?" Volpin had completely forgot about that American girl. He was too happy to care about her anymore. So he took Mari's hand and kissed it.

"Then in that case... I bid you adieu. Bonne nuit, mon chéri." Volpin made his way towards the window, but before he dissapeared Marinette stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Volpin wait... Umm... J-just because I have feelings for that boy, it-it doesn't mean that I... Don't have feelings...for...you." Volpin grinned and kissed her forehead, then whispered in her ear.

"I know."

This made Marinette shiver, the feeling of his breathe in her ear, and how close they were to eachother. But before she could say another word, he was gone.

Marinette plopped herself onto the daybed. "What am I gonna do, Tikki?"

The red kwami sat on her palms and spoke in her usual soft and sincere voice. "Don't worry Marinette. You'll know which one is right sooner or later. I just know it."

"But Tikki! What if I never decide? It took me two years to get over Adrien, I don't know if I'm ready to go through that process again."

"Well... You could always just date both of them." Marinette looked at Tikki in shock.

"Are you saying that I should cheat?! Tikki no!"

"Marinette if you tell them both about the other, and they're both okay with it, it's not cheating. So as long as they all know about the other, you can date as many people as you want to!" Tikki did have a point. Marinette had completely forgotten that polyamorous relationships were a thing, and that was the most simple solution she's surprised that she didn't think of it herself.

"Oh Tikki you're a genius!"

"Thanks Mari! But it's getting a bit late. And you need to meet the boys at patrol!" She was right. Marinette sprung from the piece of furniture underneath her and transformed. Volpin never showed up, so it was just ladybug and Chat.