Chapter 4

Marinette Dupain Cheng! I don't know what you were doing with Volpin last night, but he's mine! As soon as Nathanael heard it he assumed it was a die hard fan that was jealous. His first thought was to get Marinette to safety. He then played his flute, and made it seem as if a large swarm of bugs were surrounding the akuma victim, hoping that would hold her off long enough to get the girl of his dreams to safety.

Volpin burst the classroom door open, everyone staring at him in awe, especially Marinette. He didn't notice adrien's nose crinkle at the sight of him, he only focused on Marinette.

"My sincere apologies for interrupting your class madame mois elle, but I need to get a certain little lady to safety. Looks like an akuma victim has got it out for her. He held out his hand and Marinette took it, her gaze never leaving his eyes. Volpin lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it. "It's good to see you again, mon chéri." Marinette blushed as he picked her up bridal style and walked her out of the classroom. Everyone jumped out of their seats to see where he was taking her, especially Adrien. But all they saw was him flying away out of their view. "Ladybug and Chat noir, it'd be great if you could distract this guy while I get the little lady to safety!" He shouted. Adrien, shook himself out of his annoyance to Volpin, and quickly ran to transform.

"You really got it out for him, don't you." Plagg said, yawning as Adrien had just awoken him from his nap.

"He's nothing but a big flirt. To ladybug and Marinette, which isn't okay."

"You're one to talk, Adrien." Plagg chuckled.

"Yeah well that's different! I actually like ladybug!"

"Well how do you know he doesn't like them both? It is possible to have more than one crush at once."

"We don't have time for this Plagg! Claws Out!"

Marinette found herself at Volpin's garden again, and he set her down on a comfortable patch of grass. "There. You'll be safe here." Volpin kneeled down to her level and put his hand on her shoulder. "Promise you'll stay here."

Marinette nodded, and Volpin sighed in relief, then flew away.

"Tikki, do you have any idea where we are? I need to get to that akuma fight!"

Her little red companion came out of her purse, who looked just as concerned as Marinette. "Not a clue."
Marinette stood up and tried to calm herself down. The boys could hold off the akuma, but they couldn't capture it. They needed her. But then her kwami came up with an idea.

"Marinette! Transform and use the gps of your yoyo!"

"Oh Tikki you're brilliant! Alright Tikki! Spots on!" After she transformed, ladybug grabbed her yoyo and used her map to lead her to Chat noir.

"Chat! I'm gonna need you to stop looking at me like that and focus, k? If you haven't noticed we're having a bit of a dilemma here!" Volpin was starting to tire over Chat's unnecessary jealousy towards him.

"Well just so you know, I'll know more about ladybug than you ever will, we're closer than you are!" Chat seemed to be proud of himself at that comment.

"Yeah that's great, but I could really use your help right now! Ladybug where are you?"

Suddenly, a thin string was wrapped around the young girl's legs, causing her to trip and fall to the floor. "Where's her akuma?" It was ladybug. Both boys looked up and admired the gorgeous hero, not seeming to hear her question.

"Boys? Akuma? Where is it?" Chat noir snapped himself out of it, and responded immediately.

"It's the picture of Volpin in her pocket!"

Ladybug snatched the small Polaroid of Volpin soaring through the air, and ripped it in half. She captured the akuma with ease, and comforted the victim.

The trio then did a three way fist bump, but since Chat refused to touch the fox, ladybug stood between Them and gave them both a fist bump while they said in harmony "Bien joué!" And sometimes laughed at the end.

Volpin went up to the victim, who wanted to take a photo with him, so he gladly complied and signed the back of the Polaroid she took.

"Where's ladybug?" Volpin asked.

"Probably wanted to get away from you." Chat noir smirked.

"Okay, chat. Look. You've got nothing to be jealous of. Me and ladybug, we'll never be anything more than friends. Yes she is beautiful and amazing, but I've got my eyes on another girl. Marinette is the only one I have ever wanted." Chat nodded in understanding, but Volpin could tell he still didn't like him.

"Speaking of." Chat added, "isn't that certain someone awaiting rescue?" Volpin smiled and patted Chat on the back, and flew away.