Chapter 22

Nathanael managed to track down ladybug and chat noir, who seemed to be helping her walk. He did not know how she had been injured but all he knew was that they needed her if Lila is to be defeated.

"Volpin! Damn it's good to see you right now. What that whole dome glitch from you?"

He nodded his head.

"Smart thinking. Now what the hell are we gonna do about this girl. Everything she can think of becomes real, and Lila has the darkest mind of anyone I've ever met."

Ladybug looked at him the entire time, but he refused to break eye contact with chat noir. It was very obvious he wasn't here for her.

"Well now that she knows I'm here my powers are pretty much useless. Anything I throw at her she'll immediately know it's fake."

Ladybug seemed to have an aha moment. "Not entirely. If you were able to draw her under the Eiffel Tower by making a fakes ladybug and chat noir, you can leave the trapping to us."

Nathanael has forgotten how brilliant she was, even without the mask. She never told the boys her plan, only what she needed them to do and they would both trust her blindly because her plans worked flawlessly every single time. No wonder everyone is in love with her.

"It's good to see you again, volpin." She whispered into his ear. He had hated how much of an affect she had on him. No matter how much time went by or how hard he tried to let go, she was the only one. Volpin did not let his emotions get in the way for this, though. He knew what was at stake and had to push his grudges aside to save his city.

He forgot how much he loved his powers. The power of flight and illusion. Although it was no sketchbook, when he could play his flute everything simply faded away to his melody. It was almost a form of meditation for him, Trixx's powers allow Volpin to hyper focus on the flute so that he is able to conjure with ease and to allow all distractions, including marinette, to disappear.

Once he had done this, a fake ladybug and cat noir morphed in front of him. In no time at all Lila leaped from the rooftops and stared at them from the sky.

Volpin joined her in the air. "Hey there copycat, why don't you get your own miraculous? No one likes a rip off."

Lila glared at him. "Well well we'll. Look who's finally back after their vacation. I'm not here for the third wheel. Whatever tricks you try to pull I won't fall for. I know all your moves, and with hawkmoth's help I can make them into a reality. You're nothing to me." With that Lila sent an army of goblins chasing after Volpin. This only made him smile, because she had taken the bait by following the fake heroes exactly to where he wanted.

He easily shook off the goblins by making them run into a wall he had made invisible, and with one blow the evil creatures poofed out of existence. He managed to reach the Eiffel Tower where ladybug and chat noir had been waiting.

"Quick Volpin, make us invisible!"

With that he played his flute once again and the three had dissapeared. He had not used his powers in such a long time, in order to do this he needed to release his other illusion which was leading Lila straight towards them.

As Lila chased ladybug and chat noir, they had dissolved into thin air right as she ran under the tower. "What-IT WAS A TRICK!" Lila fumed as the more enraged she became, the tail of her costume lit on fire along with her left hand. "Come out come out wherever you are... pests need to be squashed, and we can't have stray kitty cats running around Paris can we?"

Lila let a burst of flames create a barrier around the Eiffel Tower. "I can't see you now, but I know you're there. How about we have a little chat?" She smirked as the flames rose and her ring of fire began to grow smaller and smaller, to close them in.

Out of nowhere, Lila was tackled from the air and her flames vanished. She had the wind knocked out of her by an invisible figure, who she could only assume was chat noir due to the translucent  metal bar that was being pushed up against her chest. Ladybug wrapped the super villain in her yo yo and shattered the akumatized object.

"Bye bye little butterfly." She said and smiled as it flew away.

Lila shook her head and asked what happened. She was consoled by chat noir, but later taken into custody due to her volunteering to assist hawkmoth.

Ladybug walked up to Volpin. "Hey. I know it's been a long time, but do you think we can talk somewhere?"

Volpin was reluctant at first, but then nodded. "Meet me at the garden." With that he leaped into the air and out of sight.