Part 8

Elena P.O.V

All this evening,my Aunt Taylor steadily guided me through all the textbook subject introductions.My mother sat close by,reading a Jane Austen book.

In the middle of reciting a French poem,I suddenly remembered the park.I squirmed.I can't believe I ditched it.And for what exactly? To be scorned and teased by my immediate family?? To me the tutor session was the definite opportunity cost of meeting Mason in the park.

" Pay attention !" Aunt Taylor snapped.I sighed."Are you back sassing me ,young lady?" She turned an ugly ,angry shade of every color." I'm helping you and you just don't appreciate it.You won't amount to anything if you don't change your ways soon.And you'll be the black sheep of the family.You'll be nothing.You might find it funny now but you won't in twenty years when you're sleeping in the alleyway.You are a worthless child.You are just a burden to your dear mother and father.Your dear parents are saints for putting up with a sour ,sarcastic girl like you! If I was your mother,I'd give you up for adoption!In fact , I daresay your mother is having the same thoughts!" she shouted.

I stood there,astounded.When her spiteful speech sunk in,all I could think of was 'I might be dead soon'All the negativity swam around my head,except stronger because now there is a living source to back it up." Go upstairs.Now." my mother said ,pointing her ghastly finger at me.
I ran upstairs and struck out my steel knife.One slash.Two slashes.I can't stop .Not yet.After 30 slashes,I felt unsatisfactory.Cutting wasn't enough,not this time.I opened the bathroom cabinet.All the pills were arranged alphabetically on a shiny shelf.I picked up a packet of pills and I popped one pill after another in my mouth like it was sugary candy.I didn't stop until the whole packet of red and yellow pain killers disappeared.

I felt woozy after 5 minutes and the whole world faded into darkness.I tried to stay conscious but then I fell completely into the grasp of my escape.When I fell under ,I felt numb but happy for once in a long time.It was finally happening.I was escaping my nightmare.After that surge of inner happiness I fell further into black oblivion . "I'm dying"
I realised.I was becoming free of all the pains that my life had presented and shoved my way.I was finally going to be truly content.Finally.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Authors Note:

¡Hola! ( That eccentric Spanish greeting was unnecessary because I have literally nothing else to say...)

CAMILA●●●●