Part 16

Elenas P.O.V

"Can we speak to Elena Mackey?"the police said.I stood,dazed.Then I managed to say hoarsely" Speaking." The police nodded and said " We just have a few inquiries about this afternoon." "Please come in ." I said,gesturing to the sofa chairs in the living room.

"Just answer our questions truthfully and let the truth set you free,dear." the policewoman instructed.She smelled of shea butter and coconut cream.I nodded."Please make audible answers to our question so we can record this inquisition." her male companion added."Of course" I said meekly.

"First of all,state your full name,age,date of birth,place of birth."the policeman said."Elena Ophelia Mackey,sixteen years old,6th of September 1993, Bupa Cromwell Hospital." I stated."Did you attend school today at precisely at 2:08 p.m ?"the policewoman questioned."Yes madam" "Do you think yourself guilty of physically assaulting Miss Sali McCain?" the policeman asked.I think they are a double act.If they aren't ,they sure would make a hell of an amazing one."Yes I do sir." I replied.

I saw the policeman searching for the handcuffs in his enormous pockets,but then the policewoman intervened."What was your motive,Elena?" I stared at her emotionless,but inside I was relieved.She was on my side ,just a little bit.But a little bit is better than nothing,I guess.

"Sali and her friends bullied me since the beginning of primary school.They taunted me,lowered my self esteem,made sure none would even dream of being my friend and they made sure school was a living hell for me.And yesterday they did what they pleasured in doing everyday.But something inside me snapped.I suddenly realised that I couldn't let her get away with it.So I did something about it.Is that so bad?" I spilled out like a gushing fountain.

The policewoman patted me sympathically on my shoulder.The policeman seemed too stunned with my personal confession,to be able to make a clear headed verdict about my punishment.

So the policewoman stepped in instead."It looks like Sali McCain and her friends violated the bullying policy of the school,repeatedly.I will sort them out if you just give me their names and addresses." So I gave all the names and addresses required."And you are being dealt with by your school,and the offence was minor.We were instructed by the McCain household to arrest you immediately,but I think we can trust you to leave you off with a warning." The policewoman smiled.I gave an appreciative half smile."Your a good kid,Elena. My advice,is stay that way.I hope this is our first and last encounter.Thank you for your time and goodbye."she said.And with that,they escorted themselves out of the door and into the distance.

When they left,I turned on my phone.There was a lot of missed calls,pleading voice mails and sorrowful,sorry text messages from Mason.

Elena I'm so sorry.Please forgive me xx

Elena please don't do anything stupid.

Elena ,I bloody love you .I need you.Please don't walk away...

Please answer,I was stupid to kiss Deirdre Cooper.I realise that now.Im so bloody sorry.Please forgive me Elena.Please xxx

Then I received a picture from an anonymous number.I opened it.Big mistake.Enclosed in the text,was a picture of Mason shirtless,kissing and doing much more with...SALI. The caption had said"Looks like your boyfriend has moved on.'

I cried ,trying to unsuccessfully not to care.I went to the bathroom and cutted myself.I was clean for a while.Now that's all gone.Gone because of him.

I went asleep with bloody arms,a knife hugging me close to the heart and the hope that I won't be alive tomorrow.