Part 7

Masons P.O.V

I waited and waited .But Elena and her " boyfriend" didn't show up.I had an inkling that Harry was a figment of her imagination,but there was a part of me,so microscopic,that wondered 'Was he real?' I sat on the park bench for ages until the night sky became so dark that I couldn't see even the outlines of the buildings nearby.

When I came home,my mother was making a cup of tea.As soon as I opened the door,my mother yelped.I soon found out why.She was dressed in a cream dress that she usually reserves for special occasions.She had her hair with slight waves and she had makeup piled on.Soft music was playing.I smiled.It must be my mother and fathers anniversary.But then I remembered something as I trudged upstairs.My father had work that evening.So who could it possibly be?

I tiptoed downstairs quietly,and peeked through the open slit of the door.There I saw my mother dancing and laughing happily with Mitchell Braden ,the school bus driver.Then the next motive was unexpected.They kissed.I cleared my throat ,so that they would finally acknowledge my presence and come to a realisation that I had witnessed the whole scene.

My mother turned a furious shade of red and purple.I saw beads of worrying sweat drip on her face.Her partner in crime however,blushes guiltly and mutters ' it was a pleasure spending the evening with you.I'll see myself out,thank you.' and he bolted out the door out of pure cowardice.

As soon as he was gone,I shooted daggering questions at her." What was he doing here?" I asked daringly,seeing if my mother would honestly confess.But she lied ." He wanted to renew your bus ticket,so I invited him here,because I didn't have any plans." she lied.If I didn't witness the ugly truth with my own eyes,I would've believed her." DON'T LIE TO ME,MUM! I SAW YOU TWO KISS,DANCE,LAUGH.I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES!!" I yelled.She bursted into tears." I'm so sorry.It just..I don't know." She sobbed." How long have you been seeing each other?" I said." Three weeks." she answered straightforwardly." Does Dad know?" I asked ." No.I'll tell him soon.Please don't tell him yet.It will break him." She pleaded.I sighed , tiredly." Fine.But if you don't tell him soon,you can 100% guarantee,I will.So one way or another ,he'll find out,I promise you that." I said sternly." Of course" she sniffed." Deal?" I said ,offering my hand."Deal" she said ,taking it.And so we shook on it.No going back now.