Part 19

Masons P.O.V

So after I returned from a failed serenading at Elenas place,I decided to look up Rick and see what kind of guy he was.And the results weren't PG standards.I clicked onto his pictures and was horrified.He went through various girls like they were running out or something.The fucking bastard.I hope Elena knows what she's letting herself get into...

Later on...

I was just about to head to the yard sale across the street,when my computer let out a "bing!" sound.I decided to check it.It was from Elena .My heart thumped uncontrollably Maybe she wanted to get back together.Or maybe she's sorry.Those are two big maybes.

To:ogrady09@gmail.com

From:soulfulskillet6@gmail.com

Subject:Invitation

Hi Mason.I know I'm being a complete jackass but I'm not sorry.Its for the best really.Anyway....Ricks hosting a totally rad keg party at his crib tonight.His house is huge and it has a massive pool out back.I was wondering if you would like to come.Just reply back and I'll totes will email you the deets.:)

Elena <3xx

I sighed and internally cried.Elena used to despise people who used the words "totes" ,"rad" or "deets".She said they needed a hard kick where the sun doesn't shine.

But I replied.

For Elenas sake.

To:soulfulskillet6@gmail.com

From:ogrady09@gmail.com

Re:Invitation

Sure I'll go,what's the harm in it,eh?Thanks for inviting me by the way.A party's way more interesting than helping your giddy kid neighbours run a junk sale more beneficial if you get what I mean.Well see you there,I guess,sweetheart.

Mason.

As I clicked "send",I closed my eyes shut tight.I called her sweetheart.Only a phony,slum flirt like Rick would use that term.Argh.

I decided to go to the party in the shirt ,my Mom bought me and skinny jeans I haven't worn in a while.Yeah,that's okay.

Just about when I was going to grab a jacket from the coat rack,the doorbell rung.I rushed to answer it.A big,lanky junkie stood upon my humble doorstep."Can I help you?"I asked,confused. "Stay away from Ricks girl.Or I'lll mess up.Got it? No flirtin' no nothin',y'all hear?"he said.He had a strong Texas accent.I nodded.Then he left in satisfaction.

Time skip to the party...

When I got there,the party was already begging for a serious police visit.And the worst had not happened yet.

They were all drinking beer,vodka,shots,cheap champagne,you name it and laughing loudly and dancing in a jerky,drunken manner along to the shitty music that was blaring from the big,black speakers.

I searched for Elena and then I found her.She was fucking with Rick in the pool.Nice fucking imagery there.I had promised myself that I would look out for her.I failed.Miserably.

I walked away from the horrific scene when a twisted guy tugged at my arm."This girl wants to snog you."he said,slurred,pushing me up to a girl who was equally as drunk as he.I pushed away and decided to go home.This party wasn't worth coming to.

Elenas Point Of View

I emailed Mason about Ricks party and invited him.Just to be friendly.And then I downed six glasses of cheap wine.Lets just say I got wasted before I even entered the keg party.And that was to Ricks advantage .

I jumped out of the cab and stumbled into Ricks gates.And waiting for me at the pool,was my dearest friend Aria."Hey!"she screeched over the blaring music.I smiled goofily. "You wanna a beer?"Aria offered,holding two red plastic cups.I snatched it and started slugging it continuously.

Rick came over and kissed me softly on the lips.

I felt good.

I felt happy.

I forgot the shit in my life for once.

I felt normal...

"Lets go somewhere,more private,preferably away from my step sister."Rick said loudly,tugging impatiently at my right arm."Arias your step sister?"I asked breaking away from his grasp.Aria and Rick nodded.It all makes sense now...

(a)Aria knew who Rick was before I mentitioned him.

(b)Rick looked at me earlier like he KNEW where I was heading to after the detention.

(c)Aria was uncomfortable talking about her house and family when I asked.

"Can we go now?"Rick exclaimed.I nodded.He dragged me to the pool.The water was so aqua,so clear.It was flawless .Beautiful even.I thought we we were going to swim.But Rick had other plans in mind for us to occupy our time with.And I soon found out.I lost my virginity to him.It was perfect for a while,so romantic.But when I caught a glimpse of Mason over Ricks shoulder,I felt a heavy pit churn guiltily in my stomach.Then the fun stopped and it became aggressive.And I didn't like the turn of events.Not one tiny bit.

"Come back,babe!"Rick yelled.I ran and ran until I couldn't see him anymore.Then I drank my sorrows into the bottom of a red plastic cup.I did drugs ,did weed more specifically and got high and stoned for the first time ever.But I experienced a lot of first times for things that night at that particular party.

And I know you are dying to find out what horrendous,exciting,elite things I did that night.I bet you have quite a handful of theories of what happened,too,don't you? And I will tell you and you will find out in time.I promise.

I was about to leave the party ,I decided I was sober enough to go back to my aunt's house.She thought I was at the 24hr library.Ha.Thats when Aria yelled in a drunken high slur "Yo El-eee-nnnnn-aaaa! Cooo-mmmmm-eee baa-c-kk!"

I don't know what possessed me that night,maybe my inner slutty popular cheerleader.I don't know.But I walked over to her.I did.Then it happened.We talked for a bit.Then Aria leaned in for a kiss.I wish I could say I didn't do the same,that I didn't enjoy it or return the kiss,that I stayed loyal to Rick,my bastardized boyfriend.But I did enjoy the kiss,I returned the kiss, I didn't stay loyal to Rick.And it felt great.It truly did.

Then I heard the clicks of phone cameras.
The snap of the ancient camera used for yearbooks.
The sneering of the audience.
And the special moment was ruined.

"Elena's a bisexual"
"Desperate Elena"
"Faggot"
"Cheap cheat"

I ran to the toilet and Aria followed.Huge mistake,Aria.Huge.
"Look ,her lesbian lover is chasing her!" one of the jocks crones.

I locked the door and cried silently.I unlocked the latch when I heard a knock on the door.It was Rick.And you probably think that he comforted me,accepted what I was and all that.But my life isn't a fairytale.Far from it actually.

The truth:He slapped me hard across the face.Called me a ugly cunt of a cheat.Yelled abuse at me.And what did I do ,you may ask? I sat on the toilet seat,mouth shut and said nothing .Nothing.

And that ladies and gentlemen,is how the much anticipated party turned out.I'll tell you the aftermath ,later.