Part 9

Elenas P.O.V

So since I'm writing this,I'm obviously,unfortunately alive.I was so close,so close that I could almost touch deaths hand.Next time.

I awoke in a hospital bed groggily.I looked at all the machinery and fluid tubes that were attached on my body.I cried.This isn't what I planned,this was the thing I feared that would happen.It couldn't be happening.I became delirious and screamed and shouted.But then I curled up in a tight ball ,hoping to become invisible and break free of the medical equipment attached to me that I call my prison chains.But none of the two worked.My capability of invisibility had gone.I'm completely in view .

I began to observe my ill companions.They had bloody scars on their arm.Like me.They looked like they starved or vomited deliberately.Like me.They looked tired as if they hadn't slept a wink.Like me.I then began to realise where I was situated.A big,metal sign painted in red and white confirmed my suspicion. "Mental Disorders Clinic" it had said.I howled in anguish.None told me to shut up.They all were sobbing themselves.

I then started to wonder how did they find me alive? I was in the bathroom,the bathroom door was ...unlocked. Goddamnit! I forgot to lock the door.That's how my plan didn't work. Other questions popped up in my mind. Who found me? Who brought me to the hospital? How close was I to death,when they revived me? I lied down still on my back,waiting for a doctor or nurse .Then I fell into a deep slumber.

After I awoke from my slumber,the cessation of the day was approaching,and therefore it was time for the entire hospital to have supper.I flinched when the person with the food trolley came rolling around to me.I expected they would try to force feed me a large meal,but that wasn't the case.I got vegetable soup and a white roll with a few leaves of organic lettuce.I took a small sip of the soup and a bite of the roll and one snip of lettuce.The nurse seemed satisfied with my eating and walked away.After she walked away,I spat it all out on a tissue.

I went to sleep the night away.My demons were tormenting me more than the usual.When I awoke the next morning,my parents left a note for me.I'll tell you what it said because you know practically everything you need to know anyway so a letter won't hurt.

To our daughter, Elena Mackey,

You gave us quite the fright the other night,when Aunt Taylor found you collapsed on the bathroom floor with my pain killers in your hand.We rang the hospital immediately.Now,I'm sorry we couldn't stay to see you,but we have some important business to take care of .We also wrote this note because it's sometimes hard to say certain things in person but easier in penmanship.Your father,your aunt and I have discussed and debated this thoroughly.We think it best if you move in with your Aunt Taylor and Uncle Paul.There is a very successful rehab centre program that would deeply benefit your drug addiction problem and address it with the topmost care.You will however still remain a pupil at your present school.Another thing is ,your drug addiction cannot be tolerated in our household.You'll destroy the perfect environment we have created for your siblings and wreck and destroy their clever minds.So to avoid the destruction,you will not visit at any time and you will not contact the children.And after a year,you'll remove yourself from Aunt Taylor's and Uncle Paul's establishment and find yourself your own .These instructions are not to be broken,and there is no questions to be asked on your part.So we will hear no more from you personally after you have packed for Aunt Taylor's and Uncle Paul's house.This is harsh ,I know but it is a perfectly fitted punishment for your crime and will benefit your well being.

I wish you all the best in your life and future ventures,

Sincerely,
Your birth parents,
Mr and Mrs.Mackey.

I sat still in disbelief .They were finally disposing their misery. When I analyzed the note properly,I exclaimed in vain " I can't stay with Aunt Taylor! She hates me!!! "I twisted and turned in my hospital bed in anger and anguish.I'm not a drug addict .I'm simply a depressed girl with a black soul and a broken heart.