Chapter Five

The picture above shows all of the band members!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LILLIAN'S POV:

I'm so stupid! Why does my anxiety always get the best of me? I can't believe I actually threw up! Ugh.

Right now, I'm sitting in my room, trying to make sense of what happened today. My eyes are red and puffy from crying and my hair is a mess.

I knew that I shouldn't have gone to school, but I was afraid that I might miss something important.

Still, Dani was so nice to me when I was having a panic attack. She even held my hair back for me. The way she was looking at me, with so much care and tenderness...

No, I don't like girls. I can't. My parents would send me to some type of Catholic therapy thing.

But Dani was so gentle and she made me feel safe.

No, stop it. I'm being ridiculous. I don't like girls and that's final.

My thoughts we're interrupted when I heard a knock on my bedroom door, followed by my mother's voice.

"Sweetie, there's a girl at the door saying that she's your friend. Can she come up?"

It's probably just Grace, so I smile and nod. "Yeah Mom, it's fine."

A few moments later I'm shocked when I see Dani walk into my room. My eyes go wide as I back away slightly.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Her voice sounded hurt, probably because I ran away from her earlier.

"I uh. I thought you we're Grace." I clear my throat slightly and run my fingers through my tangled hair.

"Oh, sorry. Can I sit with you?" I nod and she gently sits down next to me.

I like how she always gave me my personal space, it made me feel comfortable.

As I was examining her, I took notice of her piercings and tattoos. She had a few tattoos on her hands and fingers, and one large tattoo on her neck/chest.

Along with tattoos, she had one nose rings and one lip ring. I guess she noticed me staring because she smirked.

"Done checking me out?"

"What? Uh no, I wasn't. Ugh. I don't like girls." I feel as if the last part came off harsher than I wanted it to.

She chuckled slightly and looked down at me. Even sitting she was taller than me. I was just naturally a short person.

"So, is that friend of yours your boyfriend?" This question made my eyes go wide. She didn't know he was gay?

"Oh gosh, no. Hunter is like a brother to me. He's also incredibly gay." I was slightly quiet about the gay part, in case my parents heard.

"I see, and why did you whisper the last few words?"

"Because if my parents knew, I wouldn't be allowed to talk to him."

It was as if all emotion left her face, she looked angry and cold. This made me back away more, thinking that I made her mad.

"Damn homophobes."

"Hey, they're my parents."

"I don't give a fuck," she stands up and looks down at me, obviously angry. "I hate homophobes."

I back up more, my back pressed against the wall. The only emotion showing on my face was fear. I was always afraid of getting hurt.

"I'm s-sorry." Her expression quickly softened, as she gently placed a hand on my cheek. This made me flinch and close my eyes tight.

"Hey, it's okay Love. I won't hurt you. I just have a bad temper. It's okay." Those words slowly calmed me down.

I peek up at her shyly through my lashes, her hand still on my cheek as she moves in slowly.

It's like I'm frozen, I don't know what to do. I feel her minty breath blow onto my lips. Before she doesn't anything, I put a hand on her shoulder and push her away.

"N-no. I'm not gay."

She let's out a quiet sigh and stands up straight. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"And even if I was gay, I wouldn't let myself get used by you. I'm smarter than that." I surprised myself, I didn't know I could say something like that.

I instantly regretted it though, she came close to me and leaned down so we we're less than an inch apart.

"I would never ever use such an innocent and beautiful girl like you. I actually care about you Lillian, and I don't care if you're not gay. I would do anything just to have you in my life."

My big hazel eyes we're staring into her dark silver ones. I didn't know what to say, I stayed completely still, my breath is slow.

My eyes go wide when I hear my doorknob start to turn. I quickly sit her down on the bed in front of me and look into her eyes.

"Staring contest, go."

I let out a sigh of relief when she catches on quickly, pretending to not notice my mother walking into the room with some snacks.

"Here you girls go, I don't want to interrupt your game so I'll just set these here." My mother gentle set a plate of cheese and crackers on my white desk.

I continue the staring contest until my mother is out of the room, and I blink.
"Ha, I win." She has a smirk on her lips as she messes with her lip piercing.

When she gets up and walks over to the desk I can't help but blush. Her eyes are so... Beautiful.

No, I'm straight, and it's okay to think eyes are beautiful.

I'm not gay, I'm straight.

I had to keep repeating this in my head the entire time she was at my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have done like, six updates today. And I have know idea if I'll make more either so.

I hope you like my story so far!

~Kirsten