Chapter Twelve

Picture is of Dani's bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DANI'S POV:

It's been about a week since Lillian and I started dating. I love it so much, she's so amazingly perfect. Her panic attacks haven't been as often and she smiles more.

When we told our friends, they completely supported us. Lillian still doesn't want to come out completely, but I understand. She's scared.

We are walking down the hallway in the school. My hazel eyed girlfriend is talking to her friends, while I'm messing around with mine.

As we all go our separate ways, I walk with Lillian to her first class. I would hold her hand, but last time I tried to she nearly had a panic attack. I'm just going to wait until she's ready.

Stopping outside the classroom door, I smile and look down at her.

"How are you feeling? Do you have a headache?"

She blushes and shyly shakes her head. I've been asking her that for a few days, since she has been having really bad headaches lately.

"I'll see you after class, okay?" She smiles sweetly and nods before walking inside.

I now go to my classroom and learn about boring history. Seriously, who cares? They're all dead anyway.

After class, I make my way to Lillian's classroom. My expression quickly changes from happy to angry when I see somebody trip her. It's one of those stupid fucking jocks.

Quickly, I make my way over and grab the guy by the collar of his jacket, slamming him against the locker.

"What the fuck did you do that for? Huh?" My voice is laced with anger as I glare daggers at him.

Nobody touches my angel.

He pushes me away and towers over me. "What are you gonna do about it, Dyke?"

That did it, before I said anything my fist connected with his jaw and I heard a crack. He groans and swings a fist at me, hitting my in the cheek before I push him back and continue to punch him repeatedly. A crowd begins to form around us as I continue to get hit, followed by him getting hit more than me.

The only reason I stop is because I hear Lillian yelling at me. I push him onto the ground and look over at a crying Lillian.

Quickly, I walk over and pull her away from the crowd, she hates crying in front of an audience. Her body is shaking as she cries and tries to catch her breath. I pull her into the bathroom and hug her gently.

"Shh it's okay. I'm sorry Angel. I didn't mean to scare you, I just got angry. Please don't cry."

I continue to whisper soft words to her until she slowly calms down and looks up at me.

"Y-you look so hurt. I'm s-so sorry." My hearts breaks as I look down at her. She thinks it's her fault.

"No Angel, it's not your fault. You're perfect. Please don't blame yourself."

After half an hour of calming Lillian down, she agrees to go toleave early and go to my house. I'll be honest, my face really fucking hurts right now. I have a split lip and probably a bruise on my cheek, but I'm sure that douche got more.

The drive to my house was quiet, except for the soft humming coming from Lillian.

When we got there, I got out and helped her out of my truck. We go inside and I take her up to my room.

She awardly sits on my bed, looking up at me with an apologetic smile.

"Where is your first aid kit? I want to do something to make up for getting you hurt." I sigh and smile before grabbing it and taking it to her.

She tells me to lay down before she carefully tends to my cuts and bruises. My knuckles are bruised and slightly bloody from the fight.

After she's done, she smiles and lays down next to me. I love when she does this, just feeling of her under my arm and snuggled up to me makes me feel so lucky.

"Lilly, have I ever told you how amazing you are?" She giggles quietly and nods.

"Yes, everyday. Have I ever told you how amazing you are?"

I nod and smile before leaning down and missing her forehead gently. Her cheeks turn bright red as she looks up at me with a shy smile.

Slowly, I lean down more, until I can feel breath breath against my lips. Just before I'm about to connect out lips, she puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Dani wait." I quickly pull away and look down at her with a worried expression.

"What is it? Are you okay?"

She nods slowly and sits up, looking down at her lap.

"I just. I don't think I'm ready yet. Maybe later in our relationship. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry. I shouldn't have rushed you. It's not your fault Angel."

I gently hug her and pull her close before laying down again and kissing the top of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So close, yet so far. I wonder what Lillian is so afraid of. Maybe her past isn't as good as it seems.

~Kirsten