Chapter Nine

The picture above is of Dani's hospital room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LILLIAN'S POV:

Right now, it's 1:36 AM. I can't sleep, again. I've been staying at the hospital with Dani, she hasn't woken up yet.

During the accident, Dani must've found some way to use her body to sheild me from any serious injuries. I only ended up with a few scrapes and bruises.

Her, on the other hand, ended up in a coma. Its been a few days, I miss her.

Hunter and Grace have come to visit a couple times, and Dani's friends have visited everyday. I only leave to go home and take a shower, then I cone back and wait.

"You know Dani, I've never been one to talk about my feelings. But I guess since I don't have to worry about you responded I should give it a go."

I let out a small sigh before continuing.

"I've never left your side for more than an hour. I hope that means something. I miss you Dani."

I sniffle quietly and wipe away a stray tear.

"You make me feel so safe and like nothing can hurt me. But at the same time, you terrify me. I don't know what to do."

Gently, I grab a hold of her hand and look down at it.

"I like you Dani, I've realized that now. I'm just scared. I don't want to tell my parents. They'll take me away from you."

As a few tears drip onto Dani's hand, I slowly trace my finger along her tattoo.

"Please wake up. I miss you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks and she's still not awake. That doesn't mean I've given up on her. I still visit her everyday, I just can't stay as long since I had to go back to school.

School is boring without her, I don't feel comfortable when she's not around. Everyday, as soon as school let's out, I go to the hospital to talk to her.

I talk to her about everything. How school went, what I ate for lunch, how much a miss her.

Today at school was bad. I had a panic attack while thinking about her. What made it worse was the fact that it was in the middle of class. The teacher made me leave the room, so I did. I cried in the bathroom for an hour.

The only reason I stopped was because I got a phone call.

"H-Hello?"

"Yes, is this Lillian? We have some news about Danielle."

My heart stopped beating, I felt as if I couldn't breath. What if it was something bad?

"Miss, we need you to come down to the hospital when you have the chance."

Instantly, I hang up and run out if the school, getting in my car and driving to the hospital. When I got there, I ran to Dani's room.

I slowly opened the door and looked inside. She was awake. Before she said anything I ran over and hugged her, being careful about her broken arm.

"Dani, I missed you so much." I just realized that I was crying as I his my face in the crook of her neck.

"Look at me. Please, I need to see you."

Sniffling with tears running down my cheeks, I look up at her. She smiles and wipes away my tears before pulling me close with one arm.

"Please don't leave me ever again. I was so scared without you."

"I know Angel. I've got you, it's okay."

She was slowly rubbing my back as she talked, her voice soft and quiet.

"I heard everything you said. When I was in the coma. I heard everything."

I stay quiet, I just wanted to feel her hugging me. I don't want to ever forget this feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, they're both alive! I'm not that evil guys... Maybe.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter!

~Kirsten