Chapter Fourteen

Dani's POV:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past couple of weeks have been rough. My headaches have been getting worse and I've been a lot more irritable. Lillian has been trying to keep me positive, but I'm just trying not to hurt her feelings.

"Hey, uh Dani? Are you okay? You look spaced out."

My thoughts were interrupted by Lillian's voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine Angel. Just thinking."

"Oh.. well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at your house after school. Maybe have dinner?"

Her voice was timid, she looked nervous while staring at me with her gorgeous eyes.

"I would love to have dinner with you Baby." I smile gently and brush a strand of hair out of her face.

The day dragged on slowly, I was excited for dinner. But I was also worried, she looked as though she needed to talk to me about something important.

As the school day finally came to an end, I walked with Lillian to her car. The trip to my house was in a comfortable silence.

We stepped into my living and she looked up at me with a nervous expression.

"I uh... have to talk to you about something.."

"What is it Angel? Are you okay?"

All of a sudden I started having a really bad headache, making me wince.

"Oh, never mind. Sit down, I'll get you some medicine."

I see her quickly go over to the kitchen and grab my pain meds, handing me the bottle and a glass of water.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything? I can go get you something else of you want."

Her voice was quiet and nervous, I felt bad for her. I quickly taking my pills and set the glass down, carefully pulling the small girl into my lap.

"Shhh, I'm okay Angel. Calm down..."

She nods slowly before snuggling into my neck.

"I uh... I was raped when I was fourteen..."

I instantly grew angry and sad at the same time. Who would ever hurt my Angel.

She was looking up at me with a scared expression on her face.

"Angel... I-is that why you never want to kiss me?"

"I do want to kiss you... so much. But every time you get close to me, it reminds me of being trapped in that closet with him. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Baby... you're perfect..."

I slow rub circles on her back while trying to calm down. All I wanted to do was beat the living shit out of whoever hurt her.

"Who are they? Who did it?"

"I don't know... I don't think he is a student... He looked like a college student when I saw him... I'm sorry."

"Please stop apologizing Baby... you're so incredibly perfect."

She looked as if a huge weight had been taken off her shoulders. I wrap my arms tighter around her and kissed her forehead.

The small girl curled into a tighter ball and slowly fell asleep, her face hidden by her messy hair.

"My Angel... you're so perfect. I'm sorry you were hurt so badly..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry that all of my chapters suck! I am really trying but I would really appreciate it if you guys would send me some ideas!

Thanks!

~Kirsten