11.

B A B Y   S T E P S

[CHAPTER ELEVEN]

Taking a nap wasn't the greatest decision, I woke up around 7 at night - feeling very lost and confused for a bit. I got out of the warmth of my bed and started to walk down to the kitchen.

"Hi darling." Mum smiled at me, smoothing out my hair and pulled it all to one side. "We did call you for dinner but you was fast asleep."

"That's fine, I'm not hungry." I yawned quietly as I pulled out my phone to check my appearance in the reflection.

"You look a bit like a loin." Noah teased me, making me cover my face with one of my hands.

"Noah, don't say that about your little sis!" Amelia squeaked, pressing her lips firmly against his cheek.

"Brad called round for you with another guy, who I assumed was his friend." My mum suddenly announced.

"W-why didn't you wake me?" I hiccuped, feeling panicked and alarmed.

"Because he said it wasn't important and didn't want to disturb you!" She reassured me with a small smile.

"Is everything ok? Is something wrong with Arabella? Why did he call round?" I spat out the questions filling my mind.

"He didn't say." My dad added. "I'm sure there is nothing wrong-"

"Brad can be very shy about his feelings." I whispered to myself.

"If you're that worried about you little boy friend, then go round." Noah said with sigh that was hyperbole.

"That's it, I will!" I said firmly before anxiously looking around for my parents approval.

"Go and be with lover boy!" I heard Noah yell as I reached the front door. With a roll of my eyes, I slammed the front door to indicate I left without letting his comment bother me and wandered over to Brad's.

Knock knock.

"Wake up, your sleeping heart!" Brad answered with a loud burst of his lungs.

"BRAD!" I jumped and threw my arms around him.

"Hey, hey, hey!" He acted surprised. "Your awake!"

"What's wrong?" I titled my head to the side as I smoothed my skirt out, removing myself from Brad.

"What? nothing's wrong!" Brad laughed lightly.

"Why did you come to mine?" I questioned watching his smile grow. "I panicked and thought something was wrong Arabella!"

"She's fine." He said quietly.

"And you are alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine." He said cupping my face with his hands. "Don't worry about anything, everything is good."

"Don't ever scare me like that again, promise me?" I laughed maniacally.

"Pinky promise." He said creasing my cheeks with his thumb until he heard heavy footsteps behind him.