44.

B A B Y   S T E P S

[CHAPTER FORTY FORTY]

Runaway!

Instantly, my eyes peeled up to feel that my body was tense and that my heart beat was beating rapidly. Allowing an exhale to escape my lips, I looked to my side to see Brad awake with a worried expression written across his face.

"Are you okay?" He questioned curiously, reaching out to wrap his arm around my body.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered before faking a yawn. "What's the time?"

"5:34am."

"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked cornered by the look on his face. He simply shrugged and remained silent.

"You kept repeating the word runaway in your sleep." He broke the silence, a minute later.

"I kept thinking about it."

"So do I-"

"Do you really mean it?"

Brad finally admitted that he planned to runaway with Arabella to a small town located near my university. Then, afterwards try and get a restraining order on Amelia due to the circumstances.

"Of course, I'll be able to keep my daughter and only be a fifteen minute drive from you."

"What about your family? Mum, sister, Dad." I asked.

"They'll understand." He nodded. "I sir want to be around here anymore." He said cutting me out off my thoughts.

"Soon Amelia will be gone."

"I want to leave here." He pushed for a moment. "Before she can try and contact me with a lawyer, if she can't find me. She can't take me to court nor take Arabella."

"Where will you even go?"

"I contacted a landlord for an apartment, it's truly amazing. I put down a deposit."

"Already?"

"I plan to leave today."

"So soon?" I gulped loudly.

"Sooner he better." He stated firmly. "I can wait for to come in a few weeks-"

"No, I want to go." I smiled. "Today!"

"Are you sure?" Brad then began to worry. "We'll have to leave everything here, including phones so Amelia can't track us." You can't even leave your parents a note just in case Noah sees."

"I won't say I'm with you, I'll lie and say university wanted me earlier." I reassured him.

"I love you."