1

"This is the last day until the kids start school, we should do something as a family." Mitch said while putting a bowl of cereal in front of their kids.

Scott looked up at Mitch and grinned, "That's a great idea! What should we do?"

Mitch sat down on Scott's lap and pecked his lips before turning to the kids, "What do you guys want to do?"

Their oldest son, Jack spoke up first, "I-I want to go to the beach! Swimming is fun!"

Their younger daughter Tina nodded in agreement, "And we can get ice cream?"

Mitch chuckled and looked at Scott, "Is the beach okay with you?"

Scott rubbed Mitch's back and nodded in agreement, "I think that sounds like a great idea, let me and mommy get our swimming stuff on."

Scott stood up with Mitch in his arms and set him down gently. They went into their room and dug through their swim wear.

It had been almost sixteen years since they had first started dating, and a lot has changed.

They were both in their mid thirties now with real jobs and two beautiful children. Mitch had a job as a school teacher, sadly not teaching at their children's school. As Scott was employed as a business manager, meaning he sat at a desk all day and filled out paper work.

Their two children were going into the first grade and were only a few months apart. They were both put into adoption as siblings, and were adopted when they were only a year old.

"How do these look babe?" Mitch asked as he held up a pair of pink swimming trunks.

Scott tilted his head and grinned, "You should wear them, are they new?"

Mitch slipped off his pants and put on the trunks, "Why yes they are, thank you for noticing."

Scott chuckled and put on his swim wear as well, "I'm going to miss the kids."

"I will too, but when they are at school we could have some alone time." Mitch said with a smirk.

Scott raised his eyebrows, "Good point."

Mitch bit his lower lip and gave Scott a quick kiss before exiting their room and back into the kitchen.

Tina and jack had put their bowls in the sink and were sitting on the couch watching cartoons, "When are we gonna leave?" Tina asked.

Mitch picked her up and carried her to her room, "Right after I get you dressed, dad will get your brother dressed."

After everyone was changed into their swim wear they piled into their car and started to drive to the beach.

As Scott was driving, Mitch turned around in his seat with a grin on his face, "Smile for the camera!"

The two children smiled as Mitch captured a quick picture. Mitch awed and turned to Scott, "What did we do to deserve these two adorable children?"

Scott chuckled and parked the car while grabbing the bag of pool toys and beach towels.

They all got out and held hands as they crossed the parking lot. Mitch laid out two towels on the sand as Scott coated sun screen on Tina and Jack.