chapter 20

"So... do you have a little crush on Luke?" My mom smirks as she laces the back of a dress.

"He's nice, very cute, but he's living with us mom." I fake groan.

"Well, I think he's a nice young man. Not what I want you to end up with, but he's very handsome. Maybe in ten years, if he's got a good career." She grins.

"I don't see anything wrong with him now." I shrug.

"Darling, if you stepped into his world, you'd be lost. You live two very different lifestyles. It'd be a downgrade if you settled into his." she pouts.

"But what if I could look past it?" I ask.

"I wouldn't allow it. But he's nice and cute, he's just missing the class and sophistication." She tied the dress and let me walk out.

I see Luke look up from his phone and have the biggest smile in the world when he looked at me.

"You look gorgeous." He grinned.

"I don't really like it." I pout.

"Then don't get it." he stood up and grabbed my hand to twirl me around.

"You like it don't you?" I bit my lip.

"I like it, but I like you more, I rather you be happy in something else." He smiled.

"Thank you." I grinned and went back into the dressing room.

I tried on three other dresses before walking out in the one. It was gorgeous. I loved the way it fit my body.

"I think this is the one." I grin.

I wasn't seeing things, Luke looked up at me in such awe. I felt like this was the first time he was really seeing me.

"You look stunning." He stood up and I twirled.

"I'll have the most gorgeous date there." He smiled down at me.

"Just wait until you get all fancy." I place a hand in his chest.

"Are we going as goals?" he mocked me.

"Definitely." I grin.

"Eh-hem!" My mother coughs obviously.

"I'll take this one." I pull of the tag and hand it to the clerk.