chapter 25

"Luke." she calls me.

"What's up?" I ask into the phone.

"I need help with Chemistry... Can you come up?" she asks.

"Yeah." I smile.

"You and Danielle are getting close... I'd say you have a little crush on her." Mrs. Tori smirks.

"Don't get me wrong, she's stunning, and amazing in every way, but I know nothing more will happen. I'm okay with being her friend." I lie.

"You'd never date her. She pretty yes, but you need someone to have more intellectual conversation with, and she isn't so bright." she shook her head.

"She works really hard to be." I defend.

"Have you seen her, she's gorgeous, but she's not going to be considered smart. She can't have it all." Her mother laughs.

"Someone will love her the way she is." I tried to stay calm.

"Hopefully she'll find someone who's well off and looking for looks." She shrugged.

I left the kitchen and went to Dani's room.

"Luke, I don't know what any of this is." She groaned frustrated.

"Come here, princess." I kiss her sweetly.

"If you don't want to do this, I understand... I just need some help with the basics and then I'll try and apply it." She pouts.

"I think you're cute when you do your homework but I'm worried when you stress this much." I sit next to her.

"I just want to do good." she ran a hand through her hair.

"You will be great." I smile up at her.

"You really think so? I mean, my mom just expects to marry me off, but I want to be the reason for my own success." Dani smiled.

"I know you'll be great." I kissed her temple and we began to study.