Chapter 29

"Luke, I see you and Danielle are very affectionate." Mrs. Tori tries not to scowl.

"Oh, yes ma'am... you know, teenagers." I joke.

"Yes. Teenagers." she looked truly disgusted.

"I'm surprised you agreed to let us see each other." I brought up.

"You're a good kid, a decent stepping stone." She snarls.

"Yeah, how else is she going to gain experience for her future suitors?" I really hate this woman.

"Exactly!" Her mother clasps her hands together.

"What are we talking about?" Mr. Daniel grins as he walks in.

"Luke and Danielle are dating now." Mrs. Tori sneers.

"Oh that's splendid! She's my little girl, my only little girl, so you take best care of her." He shook my hand and patted me on the back.

"Will do. Believe me, I will treat Danielle with the utter most respect. I really care about her." I assure him.

"You're a swell fella, Luke. Honestly, I see you being a dependable guy. I approve and appreciate you for Dani." Mr. Daniel grins again, making Tori scowl.

"So sad they'll be forced to break up at the end of the semester." She grins.

"If things are still good, I can offer you an internship here through my company so you can stay." He shrugged.

"I would love nothing more." I know this is killing Tori.

"Hey, I have this dinner party tonight for some business, why don't you kids join us, like a double date?" Mr. Daniel had a brilliant idea.

"I'd love to, I'll ask Dani." I smirk as a make my way to the elevator.