Chapter 30

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you in a tie?" Dani asks as we make conversation with each other at this very high end lounge place. They were a lot of families here, a variety of ages between people, it was all very interesting.

"I hate wearing ties, but I really love you."I chuckle.

"I love you too." She grinned.

"You look absolutely gorgeous this evening." I eye her, she really does look good.

"I was just thinking the same thing." This guy walks up and puts an arm around Dani.

"Tristan." She rolls her eyes.

"I'm Luke, Danielle's boyfriend." I introduced myself directly.

"Awe that's cute. I'm Danielle's childhood crush. It was so adorable!" He boasts.

"Everything my Dani does is adorable." I grab her hand and pull her into my arms.

"Awe, Luke you're so cute when you're jealous." Tristan smirked.

"Jealous? Of the guy who doesn't have this wonderful woman as their girlfriend? Not a chance, mate." I condescendingly laugh.

"You see, if I wanted her,it would take me minutes to get her." He bucked up to me.

"I'd love to watch you try." Dani rolled her eyes as she pulled me though, taking me away before I punched that guy in the mouth.

"You seriously liked that prick?" I ask annoyed.

"No, I've known him my whole life, our mothers are friends and we were always forced to have play dates ." She pouts.

"Play date rape." I roll my eyes and she looked at me like she saw a ghost.

"She shouldn't have forced you to hangout with him, I'm sorry." I correct myself.

"Let's go outside, please." She took my arm as we did so.

"This is so lame." She groans.

"I'm sorry, babe... I just wanted your parents to like me." I sigh.

"It shouldn't matter, I like you." I grin at her words.

"Your dad was saying if things workout, this summer I could get an internship with him and stay with you longer, babe." I explain.

"I don't want to keep you here. I wanna go on an adventure, I wanna see where you grew up, meet your family, leave mine." She shrugged.

"I just want to be with you." I peck her lips.

"You know... I bet I could get us home in a little bit... Maybe a nice shower?" She suggests.

"Darling, you need to study." I sigh reminding her.

"I'll study later." She waves it off.

"Study half of it, then we can do whatever you want." I compromise.

"Fine." She pouts.

"I'll help you study." I offer.

"Good, now come on, I'm going to get us out of here." She leads me through the crowd again pass the library.

Small problem, her mother was there kissing a man that was not Danielle's father, I saw before her and I immediately spun her around making her look at me.

"Why don't we call a cab and text them we weren't feeling good, they should understand.

"Alright." she grinned and I shielded her from them.

Oh Lord.