Part 14

*Note*

I still can't get over it. I need to write this last part

---------------------------------------------------

"Dear, my grande amore."

I open up the letter Piero hands me after the funeral. My hands were shaking as I started to unfold the paper.

"Tania, if you're reading this it means that I'm no longer with you. I'm so sorry for whatever happened these past few months. I can't tell you about my condition because it will make you sad and I bet it does. I hate to make you cry and I'm sorry.

The moment I bump into your table at the coffee shop, I knew for sure we'll be good friends. I never thought you'd be the love of my life. But life is full of surprises, right? I love surprises, especially if it comes in the form of a beautiful angel like you.

I've been thinking about us a lot lately. The good times we spent together, the memories we've shared. I hope you remember me for that instead of my last days with you because I'm sure it wouldn't be good. I'm sorry I won't be able to keep my promise and protect you.

I know it won't be easy to start over without me, but you're a strong woman, Tania, and I'm sure you'll be alright. Just remember that you don't have to handle everything on your own, it's okay to ask for help. I often go to Piero and Gianluca to tell my problem. Even when they don't offer any solutions, it still helps. You can do that with Carol, or just come to Piero or Gian, I'm sure they'll help.

About Piero and Gian, I made them promise to sing Ave Maria at my funeral. I want you to make sure they don't mess it up, especially Gian, he often forgot the lyric of this particular song, I don't know why.

Everything happens for a reason and I think I know why this is happening to us. God wants me to go first because He knows you're strong enough to move on and continue your life without me. If it's you who goes first, I don't know if I'll be able to continue to live.

You're my love, Tania. You're not the first, but you certainly are the last. With you, I feel like I can do anything. You help me see the world from a different angle and I know I wouldn't be able to live without you. I just can't.

Thank you for everything you did to me, especially in this difficult time when everyone seems to go away. But not you, you come closer and offer your helping hand. Thank you very much and I'm sorry for everything."

With great love,

Ignazio Boschetto

***

With that last line, I burst into tears. He was wrong because I'm not strong enough. I buried myself under the blanket in my hotel room and cry some more. I remember I promised him to try and be happy without him. A promise is a promise and I have to keep it. I can't live without him, I still can't, but to keep my promise to Ignazio, I need to learn how to.

-----------------------------------------

So this has finally come to an end. Thank you for reading and following this story. I hope you enjoy it.

Leave your thoughts and suggestions on the comment