Chapter 10

2015

"Noah Harlot," comes a high pitched snarky bitch voice.

"Nameless person who's opinion doesn't matter." I counter.

I'm sitting on the counter in Kai's kitchen and the party is in full swing, girl from the hallway earlier today standing beside me. I can see Kai from where I am and as usual he's surrounded by people, mostly beautiful girls dressed as if they are going clubbing as opposed to a frat party.

"You're a smart girl Noah, so I'm going to give it to you straight. Do you honestly see yourself fitting into his world. This is going to be his life. Parties, beautiful women throwing themselves at him, sometimes even beautiful men. Are you up for that? Would you be able to look the other way after his first affair then continue looking away after the many that follow. Save yourself and him the trouble and walk away now."

I will not show her the fury building up inside me at her words. Kai is different yet I can't help but see some truth in what she's saying.

"It will be better if you leave him now as opposed to dragging it to the point where it becomes bitter," snarky bitch continues.

"Watch this for walking away," I say to her in the most calm voice I can muster and jump off the countertop. Thankful for the sexy tight black leggings I'm wearing, I knot my tank top at the back turning it into a crop top. I walk past Kai, and hear him saying to the group that here his girl is. I walk to the edge of the dance floor and start to move my hips in the seductive manner I learnt in all my years of belly dancing classes. Thank you Shakira for the motivation in the music video that started my obsession. I lift my arms and drag my hands into my hair lifting it up then letting it cascade like a waterfall down to the middle of my back, never once taking my eyes from Kai's. I see desire start to pool in those blue depths and jerk my hips out even more, his eyes shifting down to my exposed stomach and catching the movement. Moving my hands down the side of my body I turn around, my back facing Kai as I know how much he loves seeing my ass moving like this, which is why I only save my dancing like this for special occasions. I lift my head and notice that most of the people close to me have stopped dancing to watch and I'm so pissed off I couldn't be bothered to care. I turn back in time to watch Kai take the last few steps to get to me, his hands finding their way to my hips, his thumbs slipping into the waistband of my tights. The contact of his skin against mine sends an electrical current to every pore. I slide my hands up Kai's chest but before they reach his neck he grabs hold of my wrist and pulls me toward the staircase. My eyes search the crowd for snarky bitch and when they finally find her staring at me I give her a wink and bitchy smirk of my own.

"As much as I loved the show, what was it all about?" Kai asks as soon as we enter his room and he locks the door behind us.

"Nothing. I just felt like dancing."

"C'mon babe, give me credit for knowing you better than that." He slides his hands into my hair and kisses my lips tenderly which is my undoing.

"Harlot girl was here and spewing a whole lot of shit about how I don't fit into your life and I should just leave you before we turn bitter. So I just wanted to show her I could get your attention no matter how beautiful the girls you were speaking to."

"Was that the girl standing next to you in the kitchen?" he asks and moves around me.

I step in front of him and place my hand on his chest.

"You noticed? But you were speaking to those people?" I ask trying to prevent him from leaving the room.

"I always know where you are no matter who I'm speaking with. You should know how observant I am when it comes to you No. Now all I want is to have a few words with the person trying to get my girlfriend to leave me, so can you please move aside."