Chapter 12

2015

The rest of the week ran at an easy pace, Kai and I were in a good place. He had surprised me with a drive down to the lake for a picnic, just the two of us, and heaven knows we need it. I lie on my stomach facing the water and Kai lies on his back looking up at me.

"Noah Harlow. You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I would ride unicorns and dance with fairies with you if that's what you wanted."

What he's saying means so much as he always teases me about my love for unicorns. He even went as far as winning a stuffed unicorn at the fair for me last year. I blush at the way he looks at me and turn my face up.

"Don't," he takes my chin between his fingers and moves my face back down to look at him. In the efforts to stop him from looking at me I drop my head to his and kiss him. It was meant to be short and sweet but with Kai, absolutely nothing is short. He moves so swiftly that in one move I'm positioned beneath him and what started out as sweet swiftly changes to heated.

"You're incredible," Kai whispers between kisses causing a myriad of emotions to flow through me and into the kiss. "Lets get the truck."

"No, lets stay here."

"You'll freeze if I take off your clothes."

"Then don't. Just take off what absolutely needs to go." I laugh, enjoying being able to be a bit more adventurous and also the look of amazement on his face.

Kai kisses me swiftly on the lips then removes my pants as far as my knees and drops his head to my core, pleasing me with his mouth. When I feel I can't take anymore and pull at his hair, he turns me over and onto my knees. I hear the tearing of the foil packet and seconds later he enters me leaning over and dropping a kiss into my neck.

"You need to be quick," I whisper breathlessly.

"I got you babe."

Kai kisses my naked shoulder as lie in his arms in my bed.

"I hope that made up for this afternoon."

I smile at him.

"This afternoon was magical, even better than riding my unicorn. So no need to make up at all, but we should do it more often."

"Out in nature or you bent over?" he smirks.

"I'll go for both. But that's only if you can keep up McKenna," I smirk straddling him.

"Insolent wench. I'll show you keeping up."

Needless to say I find myself bent over once again.

Present

Oh God. The smell that surrounds me causes not only my heart to leap, but if I'm honest a bit of excitement in my stomach and lower as well.

I open my eyes to find Kai lazing in my bed, next to me, phone in hand. I must have been exhausted that I never felt him get in beside me. He wordlessly rummages through my drawer and hands me a pack of gum.

"You're not kissing me."

"It's entirely up to you but I'm going to kiss you either way. You know I've never minded your morning breathe, that was just for your peace of mind." He says pointing at the gum.

I refuse to open the packet and clench my jaw which Kai notices and smirks at me. He has always noticed everything about me and I'm able to read whatever his feeling from the look in his eyes. Which right now is nothing short of predatory.

In an instant Kai is straddling me. He's so fast I don't even know how it happened.

"Show me where he kissed you Noah."