Chapter 25- Is It too Now Late to Say Sorry? Boo do boo boo do boo do

I needed deep breaths, deep breaths.

"Fwooooh, ahhhh. Again. Fwooooooh, Ahhhhh! One more time! Fwooooh, ahhhhhh. Better..." I sighed. The heat of the day wasn't helping, but I at least knew that my nervous sweat wasn't going to look unnatural. I held a towel and a red Powerade in my hand. As tempting as it was to use the towel to wipe my forehead to rid my sweat, I knew the towel wasn't for me. It was a peace offering, something to say, "Hey, I'm sorry for jumping the gun and thinking that you lost your temper for no reason even though you kinda, maybe threatened to kill my friend."

It was that kind of peace offering, and as if it weren't obvious enough, the peace offering was for the one and only Oreo-sama.

It didn't take long for me to realize that Ayato moved his basketball games to the basketball court near the mall where I first saw when I met Jem. I just decided to follow him after one school day. I needed to make up with Ayato even though I thought he was the one at fault for awhile.

I had to admit: I was jumping the gun when I saw Ayato threaten Jem. However, Ayato was never one to keep his temper in check, so in my defense...

I stopped my thoughts as I exited my car to enter the basketball court. There was a wired fence that separated the court from the rest of the lot, and it came along with a small opening to allow other people in. Though, I didn't step through that opening, not just yet. I just stared through the fence, watching the game. I could see Ayato, but he didn't see me, at least not yet.

He was playing hard there. He dribbled the ball and moved with such speed, a speed most of those guys will probably never achieve. When he jumped, it was as high as the goal, giving him the opportunity to dunk it. He was using his super human abilities again.

Heh. Cheater.

"Aye, you!" I heard an unfamiliar voice call out to me. I turned my head towards the bleachers where a few guys sat. They were sweaty, and I could obviously tell that they were taking a break from the current game. Each one of them had a energy drink in hand.

"Me?" I murmured. The small group nodded. The dark-skinned one gestured towards me and I hesitated but stepped towards them.

"You Ayato's girl?" One asked.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"I said, are you Ayato's girl?" He repeated. I immediately shook my head.

"Oh! No, no! I'm a friend, I guess."

"Ya guess?"

"Yeah. I'm just here to talk a little with him. There's something I gotta ask," I explained. They shut their mouths for a moment, thinking.

"You askin' to be his girl?"

"No! I'm not in a relationship, and I'm not looking to be in one!" I growled.

"Well, shit. Don't gotta be so harsh. We just asked a question," another retorted. I sighed and rubbed my temple with my free hand. God, they acted a lot like Ayato. No wonder he was friends with them.

I noticed that the two teams seemed to spread out to grab a drink of water and talk to others. It was then Ayato noticed and me and walked to me. The small group saw Ayato coming. The red head shooed them off, and they walked away as he approached me. He walked through the gate and faced me. I swallowed a lump in my throat, looking up at him.

"What are you doing here? Gonna lecture Yours Truly again?" He hissed. I looked at the floor and offered him the materials in hand. 

"I-I came to say sorry," I muttered. Ayato was shocked by this and looked at me. "I shouldn't have rushed to point fingers at you when you helped paint that day. I'm sure everything was a misunderstanding, and I know it wasn't your fault!"