Tough Beating

The Gamer

Samantha P.O.V

I coughed out blood as he kept on kicking and punching me. It was hard to breathe and it hurt every time I coughed. Harry showed no mercy. He just beat me even though I begged him to stop.

"Next time you better think before you speak." He said. "What d-did I s-say?" It hurt, speaking, breathing, coughing, everything hurt. It felt like I was broken.

"They know someone's bullying you. They will watch your every move and they could find out... And if they do, my whole reputation is ruined!" He screamed in my ears.

"Well, you should've thought about it before bullying me..." Maybe I shouldn't have said that because as soon as I did, he kicked me harder.

"Shut the f*ck up b*tch!" He spat on me and swore before leaving.

I was glad he left but now I couldn't get up. He left me in the park. In the middle of the night. Nobody was out. I was the only one here. And did I mention, he broke my phone?

I watched the sky and the stars, praying for someone to just come. I've never been a religious person but right now I wish there was an actual god out there who could help me with my problems. To be honest, I've never believed in god but sometimes, when good things happened, I believed he was real but that all changed when Harry started bullying me. I believed less and less in god... I sort of lost my faith and stopped praying because I knew it was useless.

Please just someone come, someone be there, I don't wanna die. But if I do, I don't want to die alone, just please, give me a chance. I want to live. Don't let me here. Please.

"Samantha?" I tried turning my head to see who was there but failed terribly. Pain shot through my whole body and I couldn't take this pain anymore.

"Samantha is that you?" I used my whole energy to speak. "Y-yes." The stranger bent down and stared at me in shock. I examined her face. She looked really familiar. She had green eyes, brown curly hair and a tan. Wait a minute, isn't she from my French class? What's her name? Cassidy, right?

"Are you alright? Oh wait, that's a silly question. Obviously not. What happened?" I didn't answer. Her eyes showed worry, concern, pity and sadness. Pity. I hated it when they all felt sorry for me. Sorry that I was being bullied, that I had no friends. If they truly felt sorry for me, they'd help me or be my friends.

"Ok... I guess you don't wanna tell me. I get it. I've also been bullied before." How did she know? "Umm.. Do you even know who I am?" "C-Cassidy?" She smiled. "Yes. I'm from your French class. I've always watched you from far. Oh wait, that sounded creepy. Sorry, what I meant was.. Uh... I've been watching you, sorta, and what I've observed so far is Harry and you..." Oh no, does she know? Did she find out? "Well, I don't know how to say this. I maybe right or wrong, but, you always seem to flinch or look away when he speaks or touches you. I think you're afraid of him for some reason. Are you?" I nodded. "Oh, well, Harry's completely different. You may not notice this but he stares at you a lot, like, his eyes are full of love whenever he does stare at you. He also seems to ignore all the other girls when they're talking to him and instead, he looks at you, smiling or he talks to you and just forgets about the other girl. In my language or code, this means, well, he's in love with you."

When I heard her say in love with me, I started laughing like a crazy woman. Yes, it did hurt but I couldn't stop laughing but by the look on her face, she was completely serious.

"I'm sorry but what's so funny?" She asked, having no clue that in real life, Harry hates me and bullies me. He can't be in love with me. I took a deep breath and spoke. "You've g-got this to-totally wrong. He h-hates m-me... He can't l-love m-me, that's cr-crazy." She nodded slowly and frowned.