chapter 10

Ok so here is another one hope you like it,also sorry for not updating,-k.d.

So the next day,Layla goes to get ready for the night ahead of her.
First she tells her parents at breakfast what she was going to do,then after that she went out to the village and went to get a dress.It took quite some time to find the dress.But it was worth it tho she found the perfect one.

She was really nervous all day, because of her meeting his parents but that afternoon when she got all ready and James went to pick her up he reassured her that she'll do just fine and not to worry about it.She felt better after that but still a bit nervous.
So when they finally got there and stopped there talking it only got worse,her realizing that it's really going to happen.She thought of backing out buy that would be mean so she sucked it up and headed towards the door with James by her side telling her its all going to be fine.

They got inside,and were faced by his parents smiling faces.She was a bit relieved of that but still nervous. "hello there Layla were James's parents, it's lovely to finally see the person who he talks about non stop" said his mom.Oh boy if only she knew who she really was ,she wouldn't be that happy thought Layla. But at last she agreed to the statement with a nod,and then they headed off to the dining room table to eat.

They got there and sat down. Then the food came and they started eating.She was thankful that her parents taught her proper manners for if such occasion.They ate quietly in an awkward silence until his mother started talking to her and asking her questions."so Layla how did you meet my son?" questioned his mother which she would later on learn to be named Mary. It was a great question which she didn't answer right away."um... I met him at... the dance! Yes the dance." She said, James sighing with relief and hope they wouldn't ask much of that.

His parents looked at each other but dismissed it not thinking much of it.They then asked more questions,some she answered with truth some with lie and others a bit of both.She didn't like lieing to his parents but she kinda had to do so she can get them to like her.Many more questions after and Mary , Michael,Layla ,and James were all in good terms with each other.

After dessert the night was done.Whith laughs here and there ,all in good.Then when it was time for her to go they got up and his parents bid her farewell and trusted James to escort her to her house.When his parents when upstairs and away from them ,they started happy dancing because of how good tonight went .They walked outside and talked how everything went smoothly and that his parents loved her.He then went to take her home in a carriage.They got her home and he escorted her to her door and once there they shared a quick kiss,not like they haven't been kissing all the way to her house or anything.

They bid farewell and smiled at each other till she got inside.Once inside she felt so happy ,not like she hadn't been for the past months.They both were happy and relieved that his parents are now out of the way.But like I said rumors fly and will let's say his parents won't stay happy for long.

Ok so haven't updated in days, I felt so guilty(don't know why I did tho,n it like you guys care but ohwhale),hope you enjoyed it and ya hope you have a lovely day today😀.-k.d.