Chapter 9: Mixed Understanding

Disclaimer: I do not own Beetlejuice or related characters, he belongs to Tim Burton. I do not own Beetlegeuse. I don't own Betelgeuse? I don't own any of the weird spellings for his name. I also have no ownership of Jim Beam. Just trying to cover everything.

Betelgeuse?

Written By: Melanie Ray

Chapter Nine: Mixed Understanding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living World/ Somewhere in Western Europe...

Beetlejuice groaned as he got up. He looked down at himself. "Hey. I've seen this." He looked around himself. "I've been here. This was a dream last time, right?" He looked ahead of him. "If I go out that way, I'll probably get knocked out." Beetlejuice pointed at himself, until he remembered. He was now alive. He couldn't juice.

"But, I did in my dream? If it was a dream." Beetlejuice shrugged his shoulders. Why not try? He zapped himself back into his striped outfit. "Hey, hey, I still have my juice after all." He quickly zapped himself into his old Mr. Beetleman's clothes. Whether she was in her room or eating with her family, he wanted to see her now. Being Mr. Beetleman was his best bet. "Yep, not a bit rusty." He shook his overalls slightly and a little creaking was heard. "Oh well, not real rusty."

There was no time to waste. Beetlejuice zapped himself one more time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living World/The Deetz Front Yard...

Beetlejuice felt so much better, more relaxed than he'd been in months. Things were finally back to the way they should have been. He hummed a merry tune while he stuck his hands in his pockets and walked toward the front door. He was about to knock on the door until he saw Charles Deetz pull up in a Taxi. He didn't like the look of Lydia's father stumbling out of the car. Man. He doesn't look too good. As much as he wanted to see Lydia, he knew this wasn't a good sign that life at the Deetz' was hunky dory.

"Teenagers . . . should be . . . locked up until there . . ." Charles paused as he saw Beetleman.

"Hey, Mr. Deetz. Is Lydia inside?" Beetlejuice gestured inside. "Been gone awhile."

"Why do you want to see her so badly? Hahn?" Charles slurred as he slammed the taxi door. "And now?"

"What do you mean?" Mr. Beetleman asked. "What happened?"

"Mr. Beetleman?"

Beetlejuice turned around to see a smiling Delia running toward him. "Hi there. I'm back on the job, whatever you need fixed."

"That isn't even funny." Charles groaned. "You can't fix everything. You can't fix anything."

"Charles." Delia scolded him a little softer than usual. She took a small whiff of the air. "I know it's tough, but this isn't right. I know you, Charles, this is so not like you."

"Well, it's so not like her. But it's still here, isn't it?" Charles yelled. He grabbed her head. "Oh, I've got such a headache."

"Like her? What's not like her?" Mr. Beetleman asked anxiously as he remembered the demon with the ouija board last time. Did she become possessed?

"Everything, Mr. Beetleman. She hasn't been the same since you left," Charles yelled at him. "And you two, what happened? You used to look older." He glared at him with beady eyes. "You look maybe twenty, with a tan. Did you go to a beach somewhere . . . for a month?