Chapter 20: Strange Feelings

Disclaimer: I do not own Beetlejuice or related characters, he belongs to Tim Burton. I do not own Beetlegeuse. I don't own Betelgeuse? I don't own any of the weird spellings for his name.

Betelgeuse?

Written By: Melanie Ray

Chapter Twenty: Strange Feelings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lydia held BG in her arms tightly as BJ peeked around a corner tree. He wasn't going to zap away from Lydia for even a second, but he couldn't just juice her parents to them. They'd probably faint, and they didn't have the time to deal with fainting. "Your parents are still up." He pointed to their window light being on. "We don't have much time. We need to get your friends too. Knowing them, they'll take anyone you cared about." He drummed his fingers on the tree. "How do you want to do this, Lyd?"

She didn't have the luxury of thinking. Everything was at stake. "If I show up, they'll ask all kinds of questions. I'll never get a word in."

"I was afraid you'd say that." BJ said looking at himself. "I don't think they'll believe that I'm Mr. Beetleman now that I can't change from this age. Him bothering them in the middle of the night is suspicious enough."

"Every second counts, BJ."

"I know, I know." Okay, there wasn't time for a real good plan. He zapped himself as Mr. Beetleman. It would still work better than his original self. He zapped all three of them inside. Lydia was right outside her parents room with BG. BJ wouldn't risk being that far from her.

"Mr. and Mrs. Deetz," He yelled as loud as he could. "We need to talk about Lydia."

Charles and Delia both turned around. Charles was the most on the ball. "Mr. Beetleman, what are you doing here? Wait." He placed his finger to his mouth. "You're too young."

"Relative to Mr. Beetleman?" Delia asked. "What do you mean you have news about Lydia?"

"We already know about the school honor. We're her parents," Charles said matter-of-factly. "I mean, we were her parents." Delia pressed her hand on his shoulder.

No time. If there was just a little more, this could be nicer. "Lydia's alive. She wants to meet you, but you have to promise you won't faint or drown her in questions or she won't meet you." It was the best way he could think of to get them to cooperate.

"Lydia's alive?!"

"Promise, promise now. The offer isn't on the table long."

"This is a sick joke," Charles yelled. "Lydia is gone."

"If she's alive, yes," Delia shouted instead.

Tough, but that was the best he could get. BJ zapped him, Lydia, BG, Delia and Charles into the motel room again.

"Lyd . . . Lydia?" Her mother fumbled first. She went to hug her right away, asking what happened, where'd she been, and if she'd been hurt. "Is that him?" She rubbed BG's hair. "Pretty hair. What's his name? When was he born? Did you do okay during the birth? Did you record it?

"I don't have time. I'm sorry." It wasn't fair, but if Lydia didn't hurry it up, there wouldn't be time to save Bertha and Prudence. "I'm okay, mom. Dad." Her dad was still dumbstruck in the corner. "The truth is, I know who the father of BG is. I've known him a long time and so have you. It's not his fault though, he was always just a ghost friend. But this thing happened, and . . . and if you don't go over to the other side, you could be hurt."