Chapter 16: Unexpected Communication

Disclaimer: I do not own Beetlejuice or related characters, he belongs to Tim Burton. I do not own Beetlegeuse. I don't own Betelgeuse? I don't own any of the weird spellings for his name.

Betelgeuse?

Written By: Melanie Ray

Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Communication

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real world...

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hello friend," Donny smiled as he saw Kathleen at his door. "I was wondering when you would come over. I have some yummy cookies all set out right now."

"Later," Kathleen groaned. She watched some of her new friends pass by. She waved to them and spoke to Donny as she grabbed her back. "Donny, come over to my place for a bit."

"I would like to but I'm in a bit of a predicament with my cleaning."

"Donny. My place. Now," she commanded through gritted teeth.

"Oh." Donny looked sad. "Why are you being so hostile?"

"Donny, get to the nursery now!"

"Oh, Kathleen!" One of the women from outside came over and touched her belly. "You never get so riled up. Are you in labor? Do you need Monty to drive you to the hospital?" She snapped at her husband. "Honey, get the car ready."

"Oh." Donny hit his head. How could he not see that? "It's okay, we'll go to the nursery."

"It's not close enough," Kathleen tried to lie through the pain. She couldn't go to the hospital, there was no telling what would happen. "Don't worry. I've already called a ride too. I'll be fine."

"Oh, Kathleen's having her baby now?" Another neighbor came out to see her. "Should we head to the hospital? Do you need any help?"

"Oh Katie is having the baby?" Margarette yelled as she came running down the street. "Who is taking her to the hospital?"

In a matter of moments, people were flocking all over Kathleen while she looked angrily at Donny. Why couldn't he move faster? Now she had a rag-tag team of uppity women she had to call 'friends' fawning all over her and her well being.

Donny just smiled like an ass again. "It's okay, all your friends are here to support you. I'm here to support you too because I-"

"You love me, I got it!" Kathleen yelled angrily, trying to hide her pain. If they knew how close together everything was, they would surely make her go to a hospital. "Well show me how much you love me and get to my house now!"

Donny whimpered. Kathleen had never been so cold before. She had her moments during her pregnancy, but she practically had reflections of fire in her eyes. BG's powers were multiplying her emotional need for help. "I'm coming," he said weakly.

The ladies all watched in concern as Donny and Kathleen both headed to her house. They began to gossip.

"Wow, Donny isn't the father, is he?"

"No, no, I hear he's the uncle."

"Then who's the father?"

"Probably just a schmuck."

"Yes, her parents probably bailed her out of her desperate situation with money. It's what I've always assumed."

"I would do the same for my kids."

"What, give them money?"

"No, get them as far away from me as possible. Imagine the reputation they'd have to deal with. And oh. Another fatherless child in the neighborhood."