Chapter 22: Deals With Devils Never Turn Out Well

Disclaimer: I do not own Beetlejuice or related characters, he belongs to Tim Burton. I do not own Beetlegeuse. I don't own Betelgeuse? I don't own any of the weird spellings for his name.

Betelgeuse?

Written By: Melanie Ray

-------------------------------------

"Baaaaaabe?"

Lydia lazily opened her eye. She smiled when she saw Beetlejuice's smile. It had some beetles that were already slowly getting shoved in his teeth again. Looks like he already had breakfast.

Didn't matter if he had pearly white or beetle teeth to her. It was a wonderful way to wake up. Back to her old friend. Safe and sound. "Morning, BJ."

"Mornin'. Come on, you gotta get up." He shoved one of his hands in his old striped jacket pockets, and with the other, zapped her back to standing. "We need to get BG learning magic so he'll be safe, and then we can get your life back to normal." He blew on his fingernails and rubbed them against his suit. "And ol Beej' already found a way."

He did? "How?"

"By introducing him to something he can't resist screwing up." He gestured over to BG and zapped some pink balloons with happy faces on it. "I never could resist messing with those birthday clowns." He snorted and rolled back on his heels. "All we gotta do is crash a birthday party in progress."

Scuzzo the clown rolled through her mind. "Healthy competition." Would that get her son to use his magic? Either way, it was something to try. She strolled over to his crib, wanting to ask him about seeing a magician or a clown at a party. Yet, when she picked him up, she was too startled.

BG always needed multiple diaper changes at night. Lydia felt so relaxed, that her body just kind of conked out last night. She expected some supreme soakage, but he was completely dry.

She looked over toward Beetlejuice. He didn't know anything about diaper changes. For awhile, he thought babysitting was actually sitting on babies. Even if he did, why would he? Benny was comfortable with babysitting. Beetlejuice just seemed like Beetlejuice though.

"What's up with that look?" Beetlejuice said, almost looking offended. He crossed his arms. "Alright, alright, so I may have given him some live beetles to eat this morning. A beetle a day keeps the soul stealers away. It's got to get used to paranormal stuff."

Huh. Beetlejuice called BG 'it' again. Then, he wouldn't be that comfortable with BG yet to change his diaper. "Um, Beej?"

"Yeah, Lyd?"

"About BG." She held him in her arms, noticing some beetle parts in his mouth where it looked like new teeth were forming. Wow. He could grow teeth already? He had a line of tiny teeth in the middle, with only a few in the back missing. He must have used magic to bring those in. Or maybe it was natural for him? He wasn't supposed to be like other babies.

Just then, she heard a phone ring next to her. It was floating in mid-air. She picked up the receiver.

"Hey, just checking in on whether you were coming back to this conversation," it said to her. She looked over at Beetlejuice who was holding his own phone.

Oh. She hung the phone back up. "Sorry, I got distracted. He's got teeth."

"Big whoop." BJ shrugged. "So what did you want to say already? We've got a busy day."

"BG." Lydia bounced him up and down gently. "You really need to not call him an it."

"It is an 'it'." Beetlejuice gestured toward BG."And 'it' shouldn't exist in the first place."