Lucy in the sky with diamonds

Y/N POV

"THE NEXT BATTLE WILL BE LUCY OF FAIRY TAIL AND YUKINO OF SABERTOOTH!!!"my eyes shot open again.

"You have to stay alert at all times Y/N."Jax started lecturing me.

I had a hard time sleeping last night because my team decided it would be a good idea to have a party AT THE INN!

Cheers erupted through the stadium as the Lacrima zoomed in on Yukino and Lucy's nervous face.

"Ah Lucy good luck. Remember stay strong."Erza said patting Lucy's back.

"Give it your all Luce!"Natsu said jumping on her and Erza.

"For Fairy Tail."She muttered .

Lucy held her head high as our whole guild cheered her on.

"So COOL! A BATTLE BETWEEN TWO CELESTIAL MAGES!!"

"This would make for a good battle!"

"But who will win?!" The announcers stated making the staduim of people more riled up.

"Good luck Yukino."

"As to you." The signal was given stating the fight had begun. I leaned near the edge to get a better look.

"Open gate of the Fish: Pisces!"
"Open gate of the Horse:Sagittarius!"

As an extra precaution Lucy pulled out her whip while the two other zodiacs fought!

"GO LUCY!"

Yukino realized this quickly and pulled out another key as did Lucy.

"Open gate of the Balancer:Libra!"
"Open gate of the Maiden:Virgo!"

"Punishment time princess?"
Lucy shook her head and Virgo went under ground.

Piscese lost the battle and closed its gate.Lucy took this to her advantage and closed Sagittarius's gate and quickly opened another.

"Open gate of the Bull:Taurus!"

Taurus faught with Libra distracting her and Yukino. Virgo made her move from behind Yukino causing her to lose. She fell to her knees and the crowd went wild.

Lucy made her way back to our spot where the team watched the game.

"Lucy got em good!"Gray said happily congratulating the blonde.

"We're up in the ranks guys!"I said pointing at the leaderboard lacrima.

Lucy sat down next to me and I got curious.

"Lucy... If you don't mind me asking... Where did you learn your magic? Ive wanted to hear how you and Erza got your magic."I said not knowing about her past. A flash of sadness was in her eyes but she smiled none the less.

"Well my mom gave me my keys after she passed and I took it upon myself to learn how to use them. My dad didn't approve though so I learned how to use them usually after he was asleep. When he found out he said"I won't go having you die just like your mother!" But I though my mom died from illness but no." Her face had tears streaming down them as she continued.

At this point our team got quiet as they too listened.

"The Celestial Spirit King told me how my mom died. She was in a situation I didn't know what but she needed the Celestial King along with some Eclipse keys."

"The mustache guy?!"Natsu answered his own question.

"Its Celestial Law that if you don't have a Zodiac key to give.... You can give your life as a substitution. I guess whatever she was doing was more important than her life."

Realization hit and my eyes fell. I gave her a big hug.

"I-I."I started but I couldn't place the words I had to express.

"No need to apologize it happened a long time ago."She said with a small smile.

"WELL THATS ALL FOR TODAY FOLKS COME BACK TOMORROW THE LAST DAY OF THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES!!!"

I looked back at my team in horror.

"How long did I daze off exactly?!"

"All the matches but don't worry no one besides Lucy fought from Fairy Tail."Erza said.

"Much to my dissapointment."Natsu mumbled.

Erza POV

"I'll uh be in my room."Y/N said hastily before running off.

Well I may be oblivious to my own feelings but any fool can see their attraction. The look they gave her.

"Lucy come with me."I pulled her away behind some pullers.

"Erza whats-"
"Shh" We watched as the boys headed away leaving the empty arena.

"I can tell the boys and Y/N had something up."I said suspiciously

"Aye but its pretty obvious she likes Gray better."Lucy said nodding.

EH WHATS SHE ON?!

"Um haha nooo its clear as day Natsu her match!"Team Natsu!

"You're funny sorry but its Team Gray."
"Team Natsu!"
"Team Gray!"
"Natsu!"
"GRAY!"

"Fine then let's make a bet more like a future saving sorta thing."I suggested.

"Well let's hear it."Lucy said crossing her arms.

"Natsu gets Y/N you owe me cake for a month, if its Gray..."

"Take me to a spa when we get back to Magnolia."

I consider it and decide.

"Its a bet. Well don't technically call it a bet just um a friendly wager."

"Let's shake on it."She smirks holding out her hand.

We shook and made our way back to the Inn.
"And its Team Natsu..."