Chapter Fifteen

Oh my GOSH, guys! Please tell me you hate me, cause I completely deserve it! I am an awful author and friend and buddy and fellow wattpad user! Ugh! Well, I finally updated and I am sure you are all lost and boy, I am sorry! Just a recap:

Colton and Shaye found out about the alchemists, from her lovely mother. They are now on the move to track them down (in San Diego)... They're in a hotel and were just swimming in the last chapter....

I love you all so much and hope you're not too mad at me!

Xoxo always,

Charlotte

[Fifteen]

*Shaye*

March 4, 2054

I grab Colton's hand, interlocking our fingers after he hooks the towel around his waist. I look up into his beautiful blue eyes, noticing how they are bright with love and admiration. Never had I ever thought I would be blessed enough to find my mate. Of course, my mother always told me I would, and he would help me through my disability, just as it was done for my father and grandfather. 

But that never changed the fact that I didn't believe I deserved one. I was damaged and impaired. No one would want to deal with the deaf girl. Why would they? It's extra work and requires patience. 

And yet, here I am, staring upon my handsome mate. His breathtaking smile chases away my breath. No, I most definitely do not deserve him. 

But he is mine, nonetheless.

Colton reaches his free hand up to run it through his hair, that is half an inch longer than it usually is. With the deft stroke, I notice how water droplets fly from the strands and in the wake, leaves nearly dry hair. 

I glare up at him, shaking my head. It will take about four hours for my hair to dry naturally. Sometime I wish I could shave my hair off... It would be one less thing to worry about in the morning.

Clutching the room key and Colton's shirt in my hand, I begin to exit the pool, with Colton pressed by my side. 

He takes our intertwined hands and brings my arm around his waist. When my hand rests on his hip, he drops hold of it and drapes his arm around my shoulder. Colton dips his head and kisses my temple. "I love you." He whispers against my ear so I can feel his lips moving, but projects the thought into my mind. 

I don't ignore the butterflies in my stomach as I smile at the ground, watching our feet as we walk through the lobby and towards an elevator. 

Once we reach our room, I open the door and walk in, heading straight for the bed. I don't care if I just took a lengthy nap, I am exhausted. I feel the telltale vibrations run through me as Colton chuckles, causing me to close my eyes and sigh in satisfaction. 

There is nothing I like more, than knowing my mate is happy. Every time I feel the vibration, I know everything is okay. That he is okay.

Colton lays beside me and I immediately roll over to rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arms firmly around me, leaving no room for escape. I place a loving kiss to his chest. "I love you." I finally respond, tilting my head back to look up at him. Colton smiles, shifting forward to capture my lips in a hot kiss. I scoot up, positioning myself so Colton can hover over me. 

His strong arms rest beside my head, holding himself up as he dominates my mouth. My breathing becomes ragged as I rake my nails down his back, gently scratching him. This only seems to spur Colton on, discarding both of our towels so we are left in only our swimsuits.