Chapter 9

Sarah pov

<next morning>

We woke up super early to take lily to the airport. I threw on a tank top that said 'summer vibes' and white shorts with white converse. I threw my hair in a messy bun, brushed my teeth. I grabbed some of Lily's bags and put them in the car. We lived around a hour from the airport so I just texted Harvey the whole way there. Here was some of our conversation.

H- You up?

S- on our way to the airport already😕

H- that's sucks😕

S- how is Max doing?

H- sleeping, oh he wanted you to remind lily to call and text him everyday

S- just did😊😎

H- so what is so awesome about the town you lived in when you were in Michigan?

S- you knew everyone and everyone knew you, kids from your school were always your neighbors or lived close to you, but the worst part was that we lived behind the fire hall so when something happened, you woke up In a second and if you weren't up, your probably the best person there is😂

H- Nice😂

S- another bad thing is that there was crazy people who could start working on their house or something at 6:00 in the morning😂😐

H- jeeez😳

I just hate riding to the airport. It was soooo far and plus something always sucked when you went there. You would be leaving or someone you love leaves. Lily can't go.

We walked her in and I felt like she had only been with me for a week. I gave her the biggest hug ever then we heard her flight was taking of in 15 so we broke the hug and she left. She is really leaving. I can't believe this. When will she come back? Will she come back? Will I go back to Michigan? When will I go back to Michigan? I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the airport to the car and just sat in there until my mom and dad got to the car.

I called Harvey while I was waiting.

H- Sup Sar?

S- We need to hang out like right when I get back home ok?

H- Ok see you then

S- Wait

H- Yeah

S- meet me at the dock please

H- sure thing, see you soon

S- bye Harvey

I hung up when my mom got in the car. I want to talk to Harvey like when we just talked on the dock about life and tell secrets. I tell Harvey everything. He is there for me when nobody else was. I can't just be his friend or best friend. I want to be more than that. I like Harvey. I know he feels the same cause he told me. I'm going to ask him tonight. Well try if I have the guts.

<at home>
I text Harvey and tell him I'm home and I walk to the dock but he was already there.

"Hey I gotta ask you something Harvey,"

"Same,"

"You can go first Harv,"

"Ok... Sarah I like you, not just a little, I mean a lot. Will you be my girlfriend?" I blush like crazy.

"Yes, yes, yes! Of course I will be your girlfriend Harvey! I gave him the biggest hug ever and kissed his cheek.

"Oh thank goodness! I was scared you would say no,"