Chapter 14 - Vanguard

I awakened and turned over to spot Shan Yu looking over me at my bedside. I sat up and removed the fur pelt around my body and knew it was time to go. He grunted and silently reached for the leather collar as I slipped my feet into the boots.

"You slept well?" He asked crossly,

I nodded quietly as he tied the leash around my neck and we left the tent. Outside the other Huns proceeded with their usual packing of all their supplies and the tents themselves. I watched them as they worked and for them it was the same life I had lived; they were nomads until they found some place to settle. I knew that where they would like to settle down was the Imperial city; I could picture it as they killed the Emperor and would spend the rest of their lives bathed in riches, living in a bright red palace with dragon engravings on the walls, massive pillars, servants to feed them, and of course Shan Yu would sit on the throne with me chained and naked on his lap. I did not want that kind of life in that city.

After the rest of the Huns packed all their supplies, Shan Yu once again hoisted me onto his horse and we were off down the road. The path was wound left and right with fewer black pine trees on each side. I began to hear water running from afar as we rode on.

"Not all water freezes here in the pass," I heard Yong Ro say from behind as he galloped beside us. I kept my interest in my surroundings to myself and fixed my eyes on what lay ahead.

"Don't pretend I'm not here," Shan Yu whispered, his breath was at my neck again and his free hand was around my belly pulling me closer to him like he always did. It was relieving to be wearing clothes this time when we were moving camp. The thought of wearing only a fur pelt over my body to prevent myself from freezing was discomforting; but not as much as it was for Shan Yu to reach under the pelt and fondle me.

"I know you're there," I said quietly.

"Good, because I will always be there. Your virginity won't," He answered.

My heart thudded in fright; the threats were still impossible to ward off once they escaped his mouth. Not only that, He was also being too possessive and that scared me to. I still wanted to know why he had a sudden change in his behavior. One minute he is hurting and groping me. Then when I return to him he is suddenly tossing stools across the room and sulking after touching me again. Is he starting to regret his behavior? I wish I could ask him.

My thoughts were interrupted when Shan Yu whispered in my ear again, "If you say anything about what happened in the tent, you will spend the rest of your pitiful life as my personal fuck toy. You will only know pain, suffering, and loneliness. I will have no restraint, no compassion, only the relentless need to fuck you so hard you'll be bleeding when I'm done,"

Tears came into my eyes and I allowed myself to quickly disregard any messages in my mind that were telling me to ask him about that incident. The moment I cleared those thoughts, his hand around my belly reached down and firmly gripped my lower lips beneath the tunic. I gave a short cry in response and pictured his evil grin on his face without looking over my shoulder to see it.

I can't think about it, I just want to let it go, but I can't, every time he says such hurtful things I can't ever forget them. I thought as I turned my focus towards the path once again; the snowy road was much wider than the last. Yong Ro and Chi Zhong rode up beside us and I averted my gaze away from Chi Zhong the moment I noticed him to my right. He snickered and then Shan Yu glared at him causing his grin to drop.

The path towards the next camp was beautiful. I looked to my left beyond Yong Ro to see a small brook running in the same direction we were riding; it was encased within the trees. The walls of the mountains were also further beyond both high and low; I looked up to see the peaks in the horizon and knew we were still deep in the pass. It made me wonder how long it would be before we would reach the city or learn that we were lost.