Chapter 48

~ Jessica POV ~

Waking up the next day, I started cleaning the house immediately.

Thinking about everything that happened the night before.
Looking at the clock on the kitchen I realized that it was still only 5 a.m.

At what time did I even wake up? I don't remember seeing lights from the windows when I woke up.

Why? Why did you have to come Daniel and ruin everything?

I was all over the place... Again...

Realizing that we didn't have any eggs for breakfast, I threw on my jacket and sneakers , took my wallet and keys and headed to the mini market that opens 24/7 two blocks away.

After getting the eggs, I was walking back to the apartment and suddenly the person I saw in front of me made me loose my grip on y plastic bag and the eggs we a pile of yellow gooey mess on the floor.

-"Oh dear, I didn't mean to scare you Jessica. I can call you by your first name right?" asked me a Mr. Dexter a.k.a the big man himself as he smiled at me while his wrinkles showed.

Yes, the person standing in front of me was Daniel Dexter's father, Jack Dexter.

-"Yes Mr. Dexter. You can. Is Daniel okay?" I asked as I left the plastic bag on the floor and proceed to walk next to him.

-"Well I wanted to talk to you about something. May I invite you for a cup of coffee?"

Nodding my head accepting, we went to the nearest Starbucks. We ordered, took our drinks and sat face to face.

I was unable to sit still. What was the father of the man I had a thing with, wanted to talk to me?

-"Jessica I wanted to talk to you about something and it had to do with Daniel." He said as he looked at me after sipping his black coffee.

Not saying anything I let him continue.

-"I'm pretty sure you guys broke up or ended whatever you had between the two of you because of his engagement. That is Daniel, he knew he was going to get married but he still showed up with you during the Christmas party trying to play games on me.."

-"Wait! What do you mean by playing games?" I quickly cut him off.

-"Oh dear, Daniel has been playing games. He knew about his engagement for about two years now but he decided to play a game on me making me believe that he has fell in love with you."

I've had it, it was one thing that His son broke my heart without telling me any of this, now His father is trying to hurt me even more with this news?

I've had enough of these games! Everyone was playing since the beginning and I was the victim.

-"With all due respect Jack, may I call you Jack? Anyway, I don't care about that, about all the games. I am just glad I'm out of your lives. But know this, Daniel will hate you for the rest of your life. Do you want to see your son unhappy?"

He was quiet...

-"Thought so. Don't worry, your words haven't made me sad nor angry from Daniel even more. I won't allow him to be in my life anymore. But I can assure you that whatever me and Daniel had, even if it was for a little while, was genuine and honest. I saw him happy, mad and sad. He wasn't the man that everyone saw and feared on T.V. Have a good life Jack."

And with that said I left...

I left Jack behind...

I left Daniel behind...

But I took my pride with me this time...

That morning walk, on that specific day, was so refreshing . I felt so free. I needed to get my life together, not only for me but also for Kai.