Chapter 12

Xavier told me to meet him at Harley's funhouse, which is a ice cream place dedicated to Harley Quinn. I see him waiting outside with some shades and a hood on. ''Hey!'' I say he looks up and smiles ''Hey! How are you? Are you okay? Are you hurt?'' I get he's worried ''Yes I am fine and I understand the shades and hoodie'' he looks at me with gratitude. ''By the way you look gorgeous, especially with having super speed and just coming out of battle'' he says the last part quiet ''Why thank you kind sir'' we are in line ''Well hey kids!'' its Quinn the owner, she knows us because for the three months we came here like everyday ''Hey Quinn!'' we say in unison ''The usual?'' we nod. The usual is chocolate ice cream with Oreo's on one side and strawberry ice cream one the other, with strawberry bursts on top for me. And for Xavier and his is strawberry on one side and key lime on the other with worms all over. We got these from each other. We go to sit at a table. He takes his shades off looks down and says ''I am sorry for ruining your date with Luke'' I was shocked ''It wasn't fair to you or Luke'' I grab his hand and he looks up ''Hey don't worry'' ''And I am sorry for even pointing the gun at you, I just had to make them believe...'' he goes on a rant while tears slipped down his cheeks. I lean over the both and kiss him to make him shut up ''Hey shut up. I know and you sacrificed your life, people could be looking for you now, and your out in public on a date with me'' he looks up and smiles ''I would do anything for you'' I smile ''and plus I knew you wouldn't shoot me, I had no doubt in my mind'' which is completely true. We finish up our ice cream, not without laughing our heads up. As we walk out the door we hear Quinn say ''Later kids!'' we in unison say ''Bye''. ''The next place is a surprise, get on my back'' I do, he hands me a blindfold and I give him a weary look and he says ''Do you trust me?'' I say ''Of course?'' and I put on the blindfold. ''I am going to the alley so people don't see my speed'' I just nod as I put my head in the crook of his neck, I then feel the wind in my hair. ''You can get down now'' and I do, I feel him take off the blindfold. It is Terry's the roller rink. Me and him also always came here, I have came here a couple times with the girls and guys. ''This is like one of the funnest dates ever'' I say and laugh ''funnest?" he gives me a look ''Yes, now lets go!'' I then pull him inside. We pay then walk through the door and have to go past the rink to get shoes. He's in front of me, he then stops and says ''We can go somewhere else if you want'' I then see what he's looking at. Its the guys and the girls, including Luke. I say ''No, this is our date and we aren't gonna let them stop us'' we have to walk past them to get our skates. I grab his hand, ''Lets go slow poke'' he then does and eore face and impression and it is spot on and I just start laughing. He then does a Damon Salvatore ''Quick lets get out of here Elena'' he then crouches so I can get on his back. He then starts running ''Slow down'' I say while laughing ''Your gonna run into someone...'' them someone with food comes in our way. He uses his powers to move them and making there food go in the air a little bit. I start dying when he puts me down. There is a line to get skates ''Your practically like swoop'' I then hear a voice in my head, Ashton's voice. I look over and he's staring right at me. ''Ashton is yelling at me like 'Don't use your powers in public' like boo fucking hoo'' Xavier is like ''I don't know maybe he's right, that was careless and reckless'' Ash has an impressed look on his face and Cal just hits him ''A size 10 and a size 8 please'' Xavier said. We go and get a table and put on our skates. ''The moon is at its apex at 11 so we/you should leave about 10 so you have time to think'' he says as he puts a timer on his phone its about 6. We have stayed for like 8 hours before. I look at him and say ''Thank you for being so understanding about this'' ''Hey, as long as your happy that's all that matters'' I look at him as we stand up and I see the shirt he's wearing ''That's the shirt you wore on the first day of school, that you never wore again'' I say ''Its only for special occasions'' he says we look at each other and laugh We go to the rink and Xavier shouts ''Hey Terry!'' we both wave ''Hey kids!'' ''Our song?'' Xavier says and Terry just nods and he plays it. We skate around the rink singing and dancing, he skates around me and we grab hands and skate in a circle and just laugh and have fun. Until I almost tripped, well I fell but he caught me by my finger tips, not enough to catch me, so with his other hand he uses levitation to make sure I didn't fall. He then spins me into his arms, the song ends and we hear clapping. I look down and blush and we skate over to concessions and I can feel eyes burning into my back ''Can I order two breadsticks, two pizzas, two pretzels with cheese and two sodas'' ''Yep 26.48'' I go to pull out my wallet and he already paid ''C'mon you paid for skates and ice cream'' ''its fine'' ''I have to use the bathroom I will be right back'' I say ''and I will be right here'' he says ''or at our table'' he continues. I skate over to the bathroom. Do my business and wash my hands. I look down and hear a voice ''You guys are so cute!'' It was Chloe ''Do you know who yet?'' AJ says, Rebel then says ''Guys she's on a date'' ''Thank you Rebs, thank you Chloe, and no. And I do not want to talk about it here especially when Luke and Xavier have super hearing and they are probably listening'' ''True, but you and Xavier out there, you guys were electric. You were happy'' Chloe says and she starts to tear up ''But so was she and Luke, we had cameras in there, we wanted to see everything. But she was happy with Luke'' AJ says ''We all know who wants Luke and who wants Xavier, but bottom line she was happy with both. But lets let her get back to her date'' I then smile and walk out, Xavier has the food. ''You were listening?'' ''I don't want to lie, yes I was listening'' I gave him a look of disapproval ''Hey of course I am going to, there could be guys trying to capture you'' ''Its fine now lets dig in'' I say and when we are done we are just talking ''Is it weird I can't skate without music'' he says ''No me neither'' two minutes later ''Sorry folks the speakers are fried, if anyone wants to come up and sing'' I drag Xavier like drag him ''You know I can't sing, but I can do stand up comedy'' I then go whisper 'if it means a lot to you a day to remember' to Terry ''Its one of our songs'' I whisper. I starts singing and its amazing. He looks down the whole time until its my part he looks at me and then when we are together we look at each other. When we are done we hear tons of clapping and I give him a hug. Terry comes out and says ''Lets hear it for our skating and singing power couple, take a bow'' we grab hands and bow. We skate for the next two hours then we play games. His timer went off ''You ready?'' we return our skates and he sped me home. We are outside my door and he says ''No matter who you call or text to come to this roof top, know that I love you so freaking much and if your happy with him then I guess I am happy. You are the best thing that has happened to me and if we need to be friends then that's what we'll be and if we can't be friends well I will have to deal. Just know I love you, okay?'' I nod with tears streaming down my face. He leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead but his lips linger there for a second and then he was gone.

Why didn't anyone tell me it would be this hard?...