Chapter 17

I finally stopped running...I came to and I look around me. Its a field with flowers. its one of my and Luke's secret spots. Its deep into the woods. I always go here for comfort. I don't think he knows I come here. I ran here at human speed. Its about 6 o'clock. I look down at my phone and see I have text messages from the girls and the guys....I feel so bad for what I said to them. We actually built a tree house here. I climb up and grab a water out of a ''cooler'' he must come here often. I grab a blanket. I then go sit out in the field. I just sit and look at the clouds. I doze off a little....

I look up and see darkness. I look at my phone and see 300 messages and 150 calls. Wow! I decide to just go into the tree house and lay down on the couch. I put on some music and go back to sleep. I wake up and see the sun. I look down and see that I have 400 messages and 250 calls. Oh well. I go to change into a cute outfit(above). I then pull my hair into a cute messy bun. I obviously go with a natural look since I don't have makeup. I kept those clothes in the tree house. I visit like every two months. I transport to the park but like behind a tree. I look before coming out. I decide to go to Starbucks. I end up seeing Brittany, one of my rivals. ''Ew, look guys its the scum from the street'' anger bubbled from me ''You will do what i say, and won't stop until i tell you too'' i say compelling her to do what i say. What did i do?, i hear a whisper ''Look what you are becoming'' i look over and see Dr. Light with a grimacing smirk on his face, i start to breakdown and have a panic attack, my breathing is heavy, my legs are going numb, i start getting light headed. I speed to my apartment and rush inside, i start crying ''ASTRID'' i hear Chloe yell, I start grabbing glass and throwing it while crying and screaming and barely breathing. ''Astrid hun, you need to calm down and tell us what's wrong'' but i couldn't, i barely hear the guys rush in ''What's wrong!'' i hear Luke yell, he comes up to touch me ''NO! don't touch me'' i yell while crying, I slide down to the floor, Luke is right by my side, ''What's happening to me'' i say barely audible, i stayed in his arms for 20 minutes. ''No are you going to tell us what happened?'' AJ says, after i got water and stood up, it was awkward between the guys and I, ''Um...so after what happened at Starbucks-'' i was cut off by Rebel saying ''What happened at Starbucks?'' i then explained, and the girls had shocked expressions, the guys looked down, ''yea... so anyways after that I stormed out and seen Dr. Light and then he said...'' I then finished the story. The guys were in total utter shock. ''Do you know why he did that?'' says Michael, I look down. ''Um, he told me to not talk to Xavier anymore...'' ''AND you still took the chance!?!?!'' yells Luke ''YES I DID? DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?'' he then whispers, ''Yes I do...'' he sounded as if he was going to continue on, Ash cut him off ''Luke don't say it...'' Luke continued ''Astrid, its him or me...'' he then walked out, my eyes started to water, there is something about Luke's statement  that makes me know who I choose. Loosing him would be so terrible. ''What are you going to do?'' whispers Rebel, ''I am going to choose'' I say, I then walk out.