Chapter six

After last night, i didn't really want to go back home. it was now a Saturday and i knew my father was coming back on sunday so i was safe and didn't have to go back until later on today. However my family have probably noticed i'm missing and unless Mason tells them then my phone's going to be ringing a lot. Although even if mason tells them they will still try and get be back home and i know David will be really mad at me and then i will have to face him.

"Do you want to go and get some breakfast?" Lexi asked me.
"sure, wait. Where's Karli?" i asked.
"she went to the bathroom, she'll meet us downstairs." i nodded and the two of us went down stairs.

it turned out that Lexi was a pretty good cook, which i wouldn't expect from her because she didn't seem like she'd be the type. She only lives with her mum as her father walked out on them when she was nine. Her mum works three jobs and isn't home very often so Lexi usually makes her own tea and something for her mum when she gets back from work.

"How can you not like pancakes?" Karli asked Lexi.
"they are awful, how do you like them?" Lexi replied.
"because they are amazing and they are food."
"and you will eat anything." i butted in.
"and that also." she said reluctantly like she didn't want to admit it.
"Karli may eat anything Quinn, but you won't. You are a fussy eater and you know it." Lexi said.
"i know and i'm not going to deny it, but i will not eat something i don't like." i replied.
"if i'm hungary, then i don't care." Karli stated, making us laugh as she put a spoon full of cereal into her mouth.

The day kind of went on with stupid conversations like that. We ended up in Lexi's living room, watching horror movies. i don't mind them now, they are a lot better when your with your friends and when one of you gets scared you can just laugh at each other. compared to when i'm with my brothers and they just scare me even more.

"that's awful! please please please can we turn it of now?!" Karli cried as she hated this film. she didn't mind the jump scares, but the gory stuff she did mind and we were watching saw. However i didn't mind the gory stuff, but the jump scares were the parts i didn't like.
"no, this ones better than the last, it was terrifying." i said. Lexi just rolled her eyes at us as she didn't mind either. "shut up the pair of you, it's getting to the good part!" she said as blood and gore was all we could see. Karli cringed and looked the other way and i just sat back and watched the film.

****

Later my phone rang, just like i predicted and it didn't stop. it was david, of course it would be. Then Stefan, then Mason, Fraser, Harry and then even Noah. His phone call shocked me the most. He called me a whore last night and now he's calling me up on my phone to just check on me and see where i am? well i definitely was not going to answer it.

"you can't keep ignoring them forever, Quinn." Karli told me.
"well i'm planning on ignoring them for a long time." i told her.
"they may be worried."
"good, let them be." i said.

Four films later, it was getting on. it was now 17:30 and i knew that i should get back now, but i didn't want to leave. Lexi offered me to stay one more night, but i knew that would be a bad idea. i decided to head back, but walk. That way i wouldn't get back until a bit past six and i'd have some time to think.

"good luck." Lexi told me as i was leaving her house. Karli left ten minutes ago and offered me a ride, but i denied it. "thanks for everything Lex, see you Monday." i said and turned my back and headed out of her driveway.

Jacob's P.O.V

i swear to god everyone is over reacting. Last night Quinn told me and mason she was staying at a friends house so why are they getting so worried? She's fine. Everyone has called her, even noah, but i haven't.