Chapter ten

Picture is of Quinn's Room

I used to dance. I used to dance when I could. It took me a while to know the steps but, I was better just doing it than have a routine. I guess it was a way to escape. From everything and everyone. Maybe I'm holding onto something I need to let go of?

Do you know how long it takes to grieve? To get over someone? My mothers death happened and I had to accept that. To begin with it felt all too real now it feels like it's all just a dream. Like nothing's real at all. I don't like looking back on my past, it's like bringing the monsters out from under my bed and truth be told I do not want to face them.

I see Harry and take comfort knowing he knows what I've been through but, then I'll look at him again and see that he's just a reminder of my past and he's his son but, he's still my brother.

It nice to forget. It's easier. It's strange because I'm the one who knows what I've been through. My brothers apart from Harry don't have a clue and Harry only has some idea about it. He doesn't know everything.

"What are you doing up?" Noah asked, walking into the kitchen. I was sat at the dining room table with a hot chocolate. I couldn't sleep.

"Couldn't sleep." I answered.

"It's not because we won't let you do dance is it?" He asked raising his eyebrows looking at me weirdly.

"No. I'm over it. Your not going to let me dance and I except that. I guess I'm stuck play pretending and left with the only option I've got left. To dance around in my room, thinking I'm a pop star." I said smiling and we laughed a little at the thought.

"So that's what all the banging was." He smirked.

"So seriously why are you awake?" He asked me.

"It's nothing, why are you?" I asked him.

"Couldn't sleep either." He answered.

"How come?"

"Been thinking." He said.

"About what?"

"Everything."

"Everything...?"

"About the crash." He said.

"Noah.." i started.

"Don't start. I know it was my fault and-"

"That's not what I was going to say." I said.

"It isn't?" He asked.

"It isn't. I know I blamed you and stuff before but, I was friends with the guy in the car and I was scared he was going to hate me. I put him before you, my brother. It was wrong and I'm sorry. I've been a bad sister. I should of stuck by your side like you would of done for me but, I didn't. It was an accident Noah." I told him.

"I understand Quinn. Your not a bad sister. I took it out on you. I'm sorry." He said. I nodded. "Now are you going to tell me why your up? What's on your mind?"

"it's nothing. Can we leave it?" I asked.

"Yeah okay but, your going to tell me when your ready." He paused. "Come on let's get you to bed, you'll be tired." He said.

"Will you sleep with me?" I asked.

"Sure." He said. I smiled.

****

Noah's P.O.V

I woke up in Quinn's room. She was still asleep peacefully. Her head was rested on my chest and I guess I was kind of stuck.